Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    busi Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 09:26 PM
    Did I get scamed?
    I recently applied for a small business grant with IC Financials. I sent them a check for a processing fee of $495. I haven't heard from them since. What do I do? Here's their website: IC-SERVICES Home
    Teena204 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2007, 11:35 AM
    It looks like you may have been scammed. First of all, when you are starting a business, unless it is a nonprofit organization, it's extremely unlikely (and I mean extremely) that you would qualify for a grant. Something like 80 percent of all small businesses fail within their first couple of years. For this reason, you generally have to take out a loan. Second of all, no legitimate grant costs money to access or find out about. Particularly not $495! It sounds similar to lottery scams where you are notified you've won but have to pay a processing fee to get your winnings. Any government grant available is posted on the internet and can be accessed at NO CHARGE!! If I were you, I'd complain to the Better Business Bureau and send a certified letter to IC Financials requesting a full refund and threatening legal action. Realistically, it would probably cost you more than $495 to pursue legal action, but you may look into small claims court. Also, do some internet research. I found several complaints from people about IC Financials. NEVER pay for information on grants and always research an organization or individual before handing over your hard earned money. Best of luck to you. I hope you can get your money back or get what you paid for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search