Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kati_78 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Problems with Yahoo
    Hi. I just downloaded Yahoo version 8 and Im having trouble accessing to my mail from my messenger and when I try to use the search bar on the bottom of the contact list, nothing seems to happen. How can I fix this?
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Jul 25, 2007, 12:26 AM
    You don't have to use the search bar for accessing your mails from Yahoo Messenger. There is an envelope icon at the upper part of the Messenger window next to the address book icon. Click on it which will prompt for automatic sign in and then take you to the mailbox.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 01:02 AM
    Make sure that your internet connections are well configured.
    Kati_78 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 01:41 PM
    :) Hi. Well, what I meant was that when I click on the envelope logo that's supposed to take me my mailbox, it won't do anything and I can't even use the search bar at the bottom of the contact list either. As far as Im concerned, my connections are OK. I don't know if it has to do with my os (Windows Vista) or that It might only work with Firefox.:eek: :confused: Can someone tell me what could it be? Thax.:cool:
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Jul 25, 2007, 11:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kati_78
    :) Hi. Well, what I meant was that when I click on the envelope logo thats supposed to take me my mailbox, it wont do anything and i can't even use the search bar at the bottom of the contact list either. As far as Im concerned, my connections are ok. I dont know if it has to do with my os (Windows Vista) or that It might only work with firefox.:eek: :confused: Can someone tell me what could it be?? Thax.:cool:
    Normally all the features of Yahoo Messenger will work on all operating systems. Please see the note from benn11 regarding the configuration of your internet connections. It could be something related to the configurations of YM or your Internet connection. Are you using any Antivirus/Antispyware Softwares? Sometimes they will block many things according to the configurations.
    jocafer13 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jul 26, 2007, 04:23 AM
    Try accessing your mails not by using Yahoo messenger but in Yahoo mail from the internet browser. Of course you have to log-in again.

As far from what were posted from above I can't see any other explanations that you can't access mail from Yahoo messenger :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yahoo Problems [ 8 Answers ]

Anyone else having problems getting their Yahoo mail? I've been getting a lot of errors trying to access Yahoo mail the past 2-3 days.

Yahoo Inc [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can you provide me with customer service number for Yahoo Inc

Yahoo ID [ 3 Answers ]

How do I recover an deleted Yahoo ID ?

Yahoo problems [ 25 Answers ]

Help! I am new here and pretty computer illiterate! I use Windows XP with hi-speed internet. All was well until yesterday and now I am unable to access any part of Yahoo including my mail which is driving me crazy! I keep getting the error page "Cannot find Server". Did I do something to mess...

Help with Yahoo [ 7 Answers ]

Is there anywhere to report innappropriate behaviour on Yahoo? Can anyone find out who I am from the computer? Please I need an answer as soon as possible.

View more questions Search