Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahmad_bd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 05:51 PM
    Math 9 The Probability Formula
    hi.. I neeed helpp.

one ball is drawn from a bag containing 1 yellow, 2 oranges, 3 pink and 2 whitemarbles. State the probability of the folllowing colours. Write your answers in decimal form. Explain each step and how u did it please. Thanks a lot - ahmad. Desperate of help test is tomorrow I really need it. :( :confused:

a) P(white) b) P(pink) c) P(yellow) d) P(orange)
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Jul 24, 2007, 05:59 PM
    We could help you by showing the real answer if you show an attempt :P. Here are some questions that might help: How many marbles are there in all? If you wanted to pick up a yellow one what would your chance be? (how many yellows are there and how many marbles are there in all?)

Here is a probability formula:

P(A) =

The Number Of Ways Event A Can Occur

The Total Number Of Possible Outcomes

Simple version for this problem:

Number of said colored marbles

Number of total marbles

Here is the website I got the first formula from and it will probably help you more than I can. Probability
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 11:42 AM
    There are 8 marbles total. Out of those there are 2 white one. Therefore, the probability of picking a white is 2/8=1/4. See? Use similar technique on the other questions. See?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A formula [ 6 Answers ]

Three-fourths of a number increased by 1 is 7. what is the number.

Finite Math - Probability [ 6 Answers ]

Every day Aaron, Bebe, and Cindy eat a piece of fruit for lunch. Aaron will eat an apple, banana, peach or orange with equal likelihood. Bebe will eat an apple, banana, or mango with 50% likelihood for an apple, 30% for a banana, and 20% for a mango. Cindy will eat either an apple or banana with...

NE 1 know what this formula is for [ 8 Answers ]

E=2= +a+b E is Epsolon symbol B is Beta symbol It was on Treasure map from 1800's LOOK UPPER left corner area

Need a formula: [ 4 Answers ]

(This isn't homework, its part of a puzzle, and its got me stumped) I have 2 known numbers, n and z. They relate thus: n=x*y z=(x-1)*(y-1) n-z=x+y-1 I need to find x and y. Any ideas?

Formula [ 1 Answers ]

IF( and that is a big if) light were to decelerate at the rate of I 13billionth of its original velocity per year , what would be the formula for computing the distance to the most distant observable objects in the universe: FRED

View more questions Search