Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 05:15 PM
    For All Teenagers Out There
    After reading a lot of posts from teenagers I felt compelled to pull something together to sort of help, mostly reassure.

1) Teenager years can be awful. Everything is changing and everything is new. Please be easy on yourself all this stuff is new you aren't supposed to have the answer and don't be scared to reach out.

2) Slow it down! You have your whole life ahead of you. Most people live until they're 80 you have so many years to do anything and everything.

3) If a boyfriend or girlfriend treats your badly (abuses you, ridicules you, cheat) walk away. That person does not care about you. You deserve more and you deserve better. You an amazing person who deserves to be treated with kindness and respect.

4) Our bodies can be confusing to clear some things up a) if your boyfriend puts his penis in your vagina you are no longer a virgin even if it was for a second that one time b) if you don't use protection you will get pregnant no matter what anybody says c) your breasts will get bigger, no there is nothing you can do about it outside of surgery its all genetics!

5) Dating ages: Girls under 16 have no business dating boys 18 and older. Those relationships are potentially illegal and are inappropriate. If you have a sexual relationship with someone who is over the age of consent when you are under it they may be convicted and go to jail. They will have to register as a sex offender for the rest of their life and be labeled a pedophile.

6) Keep your heads up - it only gets better from here out. Trust me. Middle & High School is not the be all and end all of the world. Everyone eventually makes it out.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 24, 2007, 09:40 PM
    Sooo true!!!!!!
    Skrypt Posts: 156, Reputation: 25

Jul 24, 2007, 10:26 PM
    Yeah use condoms... not hard
    Get the condoms from any health store or clinic
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 04:29 AM
    I also wanted to add that if you feel uncomfortable about your weight talk to your doctor or a family member. But do so, in a calm way. The reason that these kinds of talks don't go well is because a teenager will say to their mom "I'm so fat" and your mom will disagree and the conversation ends.

As an example, my cousin felt uncomfortable with her weight when she was 13 and she went to my Aunt and said "Mom I don't feel good about my body. I feel really uncomfortable and I want to be healthier" - something like that is very effective.

So I guess on a side note - also think about how you are presenting information when you say that no one listens to you. If you just make declarative statements (i.e, "I'm so fat!", "I'm so depressed!") your parents may think you are just being dramatic and write it off as teenage silliness.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Growth hormones for teenagers [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Justin. I am 14 years of age, and currently standing at about 5 feet and 2 inches. Already going through my growth spurt and at the end of puberty. I am very intent to know if there are any hormones to help me boost my height. Now for the average american white male, usually...

Need name of 80's movie about teenagers fixing a hotel [ 2 Answers ]

There is a movie that I am looking for the title of. It is about a group of teenagers that fix-up a hotel or maybe a mansion that they turn into a hotel. It's a comedy, and is probably from 1987 or so.

Should teenagers get married ? [ 8 Answers ]

My question is :should teenagers get married ? I think they should not.I need reasons why they should not get maried. Thanks

Whey protein for teenagers [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 15 years old and I'm starting to lift weights. So I bought this protein supplement from EAS and it has Casein, Whey Protein, and Soy Protein and it's a powder that you mix with any drink. Anyway, it says don't take if you're under 18 but 2 of the pharmacists said that it's all right to take...

Teenagers. So tired. [ 1 Answers ]

Why do teenagers like to get lots of sleep?

View more questions Search