Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theking5148 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Start Up For Business
    I want to open up a small restaurant.. in the detroit Michigan area.. I'm 100% sure this will be a success.. the only thing stopping me is that financially I am not capable of affording it... if I can get someone to invest in me and help me start up they will not regret it
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 04:36 PM
    It takes a lot to get investors. I recommend you contact you local Small Business Association and get information writing a business plan and pooling together finances. If you decide to open a restaurant it usually takes 5 years for it to start making money. Remember nothing is assured in life other then death and taxes and over half of new businesses fail in the first year.
    conroypi Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 12:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    It takes a lot to get investors. I recommend you contact you local Small Business Association and get information writing a business plan and pooling together finances. If you decide to open a restaurant it usually takes 5 years for it to start making money. Remember nothing is assured in life other then death and taxes and over half of new businesses fail in the first year.
    Yes... and 80 percent of new restaurants fail in the first year. So as Glinda advised... Start with a business Plan. You can get free help from the SBA. In addition, Business Plans for Dummies is a great way to get started with a book that doesn't put you to sleep. You will also need to do a demographic study on the location. I have always believed that location makes or breaks a restaurant. There are a lot of restaurants that have failed despite the wonderful food and ambiance. You need to make sure that your restaurant correctly targets the potential customers in the area in which your restaurant is located. Good luck to you, Adina.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to start Business. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm interested in starting my own business but I have no idea as to how or what to do. I would appreciate if you can help me. I do know that this is an odd question but I'm serious.Thanks. Stephen

How to start my own business? [ 5 Answers ]

How can I start a office cleaning business? What steps do I have to take?

Start Business [ 1 Answers ]

I'm always expecting to find any chances to make my own living. But everything seems very difficult at the beginning. And I came to the conclude recently that if I import goods from other countries at a low price, and then sell them in China (I'm Chinese) maybe profitable. But you know, China is a...

Start my own business [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Experts Requesting your help. I am a nurse assistant and would like to work out of my home, Would love to set up my own hours and care of my patients but don't know how to begin. I am from Chicago IL and don't know do I need a license, how about taxes. Does anyone know where I can go for...

Want to start a business [ 2 Answers ]

Iwant to know if someone can tell me if there are some secrets to put an internet business, I have the opportunity to sell handbags.. Thank you Marisol:confused:

View more questions Search