Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jkd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Breach of lease agreement on landlords side
    :mad: We(me and my girlfriend) moved into a place in Hawaii that the landlord said that our dog would be allowed, we signed the lease aggrement stating that the number of occupents would be 2+1 pet. The day that we moved in the resident manager came to our door and told us that dogs were not allowed on the property and never have been. When we spoke to our landlord she said that she had not received any rules and that she would return all of our money. This is where it gets good, we asked her to help us find a new place since it was her mistake. She said that she was renting this place out for her brother and that she doesn't usually do residential management. She also told us that she would not be able to help us becauseshe was from a different island and that she didn't know ofr anyplace. She also has not returned our money or sent us anykind of letter stating the return of it, we have asked her to state it for us. She also wants to start showing the place. I just wanted to know what I can do to fix this and to make sure that it never happens to anyone else:confused:
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 01:49 PM
    She is under no obligation to find you another place. She is obligated to return your money. Send her a letter demanding the money in certified funds in X days.

If they don't return the money, file in small claims court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breach of lease [ 3 Answers ]

Excon, How sure are you about the rules of Florida. I had someone leave early and I am Suing them for breach of lease since they just left w/o any notice. I am now Also trying to sell my house. Can I still collect for the rent as it comes due Until I sell or rerent. Ken

Landlord rights in breach of lease [ 6 Answers ]

Under Georgia law, may a landlord charge a tenant that breaches the lease agreement Within the first three months of the agreement, the full year's rental price or the offset Amount of whenever a new tenant is procured?

Information about breach of lease agreement and about breaking a lease... [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have been residing in the state of Georgia for almost a year. I moved from New York, I had never rented in New York so this is all new to me. Here's the issue, Me and my husband signed a lease on July to this apartment complex, at the time we thought it would be a lovely place to raise a...

Verbal Lease after written lease agreement - Florida [ 6 Answers ]

I had a signed lease with my renter from March 2006 to October 2006. In September he failed to pay rent due to him trying to get his son from Social Services. We verbally agreed to extend the lease to a month to month basis and him adding an additional $50.00 per month to make up for Septembers...

View more questions Search