Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poppy_seed Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Am I pregnant?
    Sorry for being the millionth person to ask this question! I have read the sticky posts above, not to mention almost every other article on the internet and yet, here I am.

Here's the story so far:

June 21 - 1st day of last period after stopping the contraceptive pill (in order to try to conceive) Not knowing anything about ovulation, basal body temperatures or types of vaginal discharge, my husband and I just decided to make love lots and see what happened. So far for the last, oh, two, two and half weeks I've had crazy abdominal cramps, and severe lower back ache. Nausea, well not really, the odd wave I suppose but only when I've been really hungry. Now, I never get period pains for two and a half weeks before a period (not even during the last stretch of time that I wasn't on the Pill) and whilst I'm due to come on any day now, I somehow don't think it is going to happen.

So my question arises because all the pregnancy tests I've used: Walgreens digital, Clearblue +/- and Walgreens +/- have come out negative. The last one I used was a Walgreens digital, this morning and whilst it said Not Pregnant, the bit that separates from the digital bit (sorry, not my best sentence ever) showed two lines, one very strong and another, very faint about 1cm away.

I've decided I'm going to go for a blood test next week if there's still no sign of my period and the tests are still negative.

I know we went into this all relaxed, saying we'd just take it one shag at a time, yet we've somehow got very invested in this very quickly and I'm wondering if I'm making it all up! The mind is a powerful thing. Also, this would be my first pregnancy so I'm completely new to it all.

One thing's for sure, if I'm not up the duff, I've got one mother of a period coming.

It feels good to get this off my chest.

Comments?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 11:46 AM
    When you say the digital had two lines... do you mean after taking it apart? If so, then it doesn't mean anything. Check out PeeOnAStick.com

While it is possible that you are indeed pregnant, it really is too early to tell. Most pregnancy tests will not test accurately this early. Also, coming off hormonal birth control can send your body in circles. You may notice strange things (abnormal periods, irregularity, etc) while your body learns to live without that hormone. It is quite early for any type of symptoms, but not unheard of. Unfortunately, I can't really tell you much more than what you have already said. If it doesn't come a week after its due do another round of tests or see your doctor. Good luck!

Also, FYI, it can take healthy couples up to a year of trying before conceiving, just to let you know, and being on birth control can lengthen the process, but this is deifferent with every woman. Some get pregnant right off the bat, some need the whole year... good luck.

Jul 24, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    when you say the digital had two lines...do you mean after taking it apart? If so, then it doesnt mean anything. check out PeeOnAStick.com
    Thank you for this, just read the article on digital home tests, just another piece of the puzzle, or should that be pie (hmm, anyone hungry? )

Thanks for reminding me about the craziness of coming off the Pill. You may well be right. I guess only time will tell.

Aug 1, 2007, 10:03 AM
    I am pregnant!! Yay!

6 weeks and counting...
    no1mom Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy_seed
    Sorry for being the millionth person to ask this question! I have read the sticky posts above, not to mention almost every other article on the internet and yet, here I am.

Here's the story so far:

June 21 - 1st day of last period after stopping the contraceptive pill (in order to try to conceive) Not knowing anything about ovulation, basal body temperatures or types of vaginal discharge, my husband and I just decided to make love lots and see what happened. So far for the last, oh, two, two and half weeks I've had crazy abdominal cramps, and severe lower back ache. Nausea, well not really, the odd wave I suppose but only when I've been really hungry. Now, I never get period pains for two and a half weeks before a period (not even during the last stretch of time that I wasn't on the Pill) and whilst I'm due to come on any day now, I somehow don't think it is going to happen.

So my question arises because all the pregnancy tests I've used: Walgreens digital, Clearblue +/- and Walgreens +/- have come out negative. The last one I used was a Walgreens digital, this morning and whilst it said Not Pregnant, the bit that seperates from the digital bit (sorry, not my best sentence ever) showed two lines, one very strong and another, very faint about 1cm away.

I've decided I'm going to go for a blood test next week if there's still no sign of my period and the tests are still negative.

I know we went into this all relaxed, saying we'd just take it one shag at a time, yet we've somehow got very invested in this very quickly and I'm wondering if I'm making it all up! The mind is a powerful thing. Also, this would be my first pregnancy so I'm completely new to it all.

One thing's for sure, if I'm not up the duff, I've got one mother of a period coming.

It feels good to get this off my chest.

Comments?
    I'm not to sure either about u'r situation.. but I was just thinking that since you went off the pill just like that.. that maybe u'r period is just out of wack.. and that u'r body needs to get back into things.. I'm also trying to get pregnant.. and I know how you feel with the test.. I'm in the same boat.. anyway just thought I would say what I thought and I hope you have a baby soon! All the best!
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 01:25 PM
    Congrats Poppy! Welcome to the club!
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Congrats on the pregnancy! Good luck! Hope you come back with any questions and updates you have!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Trying to get pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been trying to get pregnant and I'm starting to think it ain't going to happen.we've been trying for about six months my body literally just spits it out.I can't help but feel like something is wrong with me.I got pregnant so fast the first time and now it is different.

Am I pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I ama 17 year old girl and I have been very sexually active in the last month and I am not on birth contol and we arnt using pretction. I am having to go pee lots, have sick feeling, sore lower back, enlargement is breasts, spotting blood and I a have missed my period it is a month late! Am I...

Could I be pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a son already. I didn't find out that I was pregnant with him until I was 41/2 months along. He is almost 2 now. I think I may be pregnant again. I have started the pill again and I had sex with a guy 4 weeks ago and my period is 12 days late. I had no symptoms that I was going to get my...

COULD I BE pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I have had pms symptons pretty bad all last week they usually stop on the first day of my period, my period is now three days late and pms symptons seem to have dissappeared? Also when I started having pms symptoms I had thick white discharge coming out in lumps now my discharge is clear and...

View more questions Search