Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kentlandsgal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Should I do this refi?
    I have lived in my current home 11 years. My interest only loan which I'm not that happy that I got in the first place is going to convert soon and my current company is offering me 6.85% on my mortgage of $334K plus I could add my 75K Heloc loan. Currently with taxes and interest I am paying $2200 for the mortgage and $550 a month on the Heloc. I really don't like the Heloc through Chase - it is also interest only and I'm not making any headway. Anyway, our current lender is offering us the 6.85% for a 25 year loan. The payment would be $3500 for principal and interest. Am I likely to find any other company that will pay our closing costs?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 24, 2007, 11:29 AM
    There is a lot of competition in the mortgage market, so you may find a lender who will eat some or all of your costs so shop around. But 6.85% is a good rate.
    DianeV Sr Loan Officer Posts: 76, Reputation: 9

Jul 24, 2007, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentlandsgal
    I have lived in my current home 11 years. My interest only loan which I'm not that happy that I got in the first place is going to convert soon and my current company is offering me 6.85% on my mortgage of $334K plus I could add in my 75K Heloc loan. Currently with taxes and interest I am paying $2200 for the mortgage and $550 a month on the Heloc. I really don't like the Heloc through Chase - it is also interest only and I'm not making any headway. Anyway, our current lender is offering us the 6.85% for a 25 year loan. The payment would be $3500 for principal and interest. Am I likely to find any other company that will pay our closing costs?
    6.875 is the going rate on a 25 yr fixed rate, but I doubt you will get a lender to absorb the closing costs, especially at that rate. The closing costs can be rolled into the loan if there is enough equity so the only thing you should have to take out of pocket would be an application fee. You may want to consider a 20 year or 15 year loan if you can afford it.. In that case, you would not be losing the years you have already put in... but it does depend on how you qualify and if you are comfortable with the payment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paperwork for a refi [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to get my house refinanced but I have misplaced my original papers. Where can I obtain the Note, Security deed and the settlement statement?

Permission to Refi during chapter 13 [ 3 Answers ]

We live in New Jersey and we have refinanced our home and obtained permission from the trustee and the judge, but my lawyer is saying that it takes five days for the judge to sign the order. Why? I am currently in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

Refi a chap 13 [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any bank that will refi a chapter 13? Thanks

View more questions Search