Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MikieM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 09:16 AM
    Admiral washing Machine Model AAV7000 spind but takes 2-3 spin cycles to drain
    Whether rinse or final spin, the tub begins to spin albeit slowly. I have a clear hose so I can see the water moving but slowly. It will not completely drain 1st time through.

If I take out the clothes then the water drains fast on the spin. Then I put the clothes in it and it will spin down. Otherwise, I have to go through the spin cycle 2-3 times to get the water out and clothes spun.

This started happening about 2 weeks ago. Machine was purchased 1/2005.

I checked to make sure the drain hose is not twisted. I ran it through with no detergent (just in case it is suds lock. It happens on the rinse and spin cycle.

I alos checked to make sure I do not overload the machine. Seemingly, our behavior has not changed in how we wash clothes during this period.

Thanks for your help.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 10:02 AM
    Could be a loose belt or worn clutch. I would check the belt first. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing machine will not drain. The drum will not spin. [ 1 Answers ]

Washing machine will not drain. The drum will not spin. It make a loud whirring/grinding noise. There is no obvious blockage and have checked the pump. The pump is working fine and the impeller spins. Is this a blockage in the pipe or something else

Kenmore washing machine model #23822100 Will not drain [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I was 3 minutes into a the washing cycle and it was making a sound like it was out of balance. I lifted the lid, adjusted the towels and shut the lid. It will not start. Not on any setting. It will click when I turn the dial like it wants to chance cycles, but nothing happens. Now, I...

Kenmore 29" gas dryer Model #110.72602101 takes several cycles to dry. [ 6 Answers ]

My 5 year old Kenmore Super Capacity gas dryer (model #110.72602101) suddenly started taking several cycles to dry a load of clothes. I checked the vent and it is not clogged. There is a plug on the front of the dryer I pulled off and watched the flame ignite and it stayed burning until the timer...

Washing machine won't spin or drain [ 1 Answers ]

I have a frigidaire washing machine, it won't drain or spin, I replaced the door switch and the timer, still nothing

Washing Machine (whirlpool) will not advance cycles [ 1 Answers ]

My whirlpool washing machine model LA9500T suddenly today stopped advancing from cycle to cycle. It fills water correctly and goes into agitator cycle. It then keeps agitating until I manually advance to next cycle, on and on. What can I do to fix this and is it repairable by me (I can do small...

View more questions Search