Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluestargirl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 09:13 AM
    Lost boyfriend's gift, what to do?
    My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 5 months now. He got me a ring for my birthday which was 1 month into the relationship. I have recently misplaced the ring, and have been trying to find it for the past week. I never take off the ring unless I shower, which I did a week ago and left the house in a hurry and forgot to put it back on and now I don't remember where I put it.

He gave me the ring to symbolize giving his heart to me and now I can't find it in myself to tell him, though I'm sure he's started to notice that I haven't worn it once. The ring is kind of expensive for me to afford but if I save on my spending this month I can still buy it. But should I go buy the same ring and hope he didn't notice that I lost his? Or just come clean and tell him even though it will devastate him?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 09:18 AM
    I would be honest about it - think how awful it would be for him to be over and find your missing ring while your wearing the one you bought yourself? I know if it was me that would be exactly what would happen :)

He will be upset that you misplaced it but its not like you left at some other guys house ;) Who knows maybe you will find it again anyway. I'd look everywhere. You never know where something is. My roommate one time found her car keys in the freezer!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 24, 2007, 09:20 AM
    Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy. If you don't tell him and he finds out, he will be crushed that you were not honest with him.
    Haplo Posts: 128, Reputation: 17

Jul 24, 2007, 09:30 AM
    Agreed, just tell him the truth. There's nothing wrong with what happened and he may get angry but it should fade away quickly. It'll turn up somewhere and there's no reason to create a silly lie or not talk about it, that'll just make you feel guilty.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 10:13 AM
    Tell him the truth, if he gets angry or mad then you problly get a chance to know more about him... he shouldn't get mad if som then not a very good sign.

Jul 24, 2007, 05:17 PM
    All right I'm going to try to tell him the truth, although he is already upset at me because I'm not treating the relationship as seriously as he is.
    jazzyj98241 Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Jul 24, 2007, 05:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestargirl
    my boyfriend and i have been dating for about 5 months now. he got me a ring for my birthday which was 1 month into the relationship. i have recently misplaced the ring, and have been trying to find it for the past week. i never take off the ring unless i shower, which i did a week ago and left the house in a hurry and forgot to put it back on and now i dont remember where i put it.

he gave me the ring to symbolize giving his heart to me and now i can't find it in myself to tell him, though im sure hes started to notice that i havnt worn it once. the ring is kind of expensive for me to afford but if i save on my spending this month i can still buy it. but should i go buy the exact same ring and hope he didnt notice that i lost his? or just come clean and tell him even though it will devastate him?
    Be honest about it because if you don't tell him u will feel guilty
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Yes, You need to be honest. A ring is something that is materlistic. If he truly cares for you he will be understanding with you and know that you care deeply about him even though this misplacing happened.

Ring is not the heart, the heart is in you and him. Think of what is important and let him know the truth.

Joe
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 06:46 PM
    Just to go along with everyone else I think it is best to be honest. Trust me when I say he will be a lot more pissed if you lie to him than he will be for you losing a ring. He won't mind that you misplaced it. And if he does then he isn't worth it!
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Jul 24, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Exactly what everyone says tell him you misplaced it but at the same time you may have to tell him how you fel about him. He may think you don't really care and get ang\ry
    touji-za-nai Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

Jul 24, 2007, 08:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestargirl
    my boyfriend and i have been dating for about 5 months now. he got me a ring for my birthday which was 1 month into the relationship. i have recently misplaced the ring, and have been trying to find it for the past week. i never take off the ring unless i shower, which i did a week ago and left the house in a hurry and forgot to put it back on and now i dont remember where i put it.

he gave me the ring to symbolize giving his heart to me and now i can't find it in myself to tell him, though im sure hes started to notice that i havnt worn it once. the ring is kind of expensive for me to afford but if i save on my spending this month i can still buy it. but should i go buy the exact same ring and hope he didnt notice that i lost his? or just come clean and tell him even though it will devastate him?
    To be honest, after only a month a ring doesn't sound so special. Just let him know and tell him you still love him.
    modular01 Posts: 129, Reputation: 36

Jul 24, 2007, 08:56 PM
    Honestly, I know the situation you are in. About 3 weeks ago I lost my wedding ring at work. Pretty much tore apart work to look for it. I got home and told my wife the truth. Wasn't one bit mad at me. She saw I was upset over losing it. Just as I'm sure your boyfriend will understand if you tell him that you lost it, how bad you feel, and how much you care about him.

Jul 25, 2007, 07:12 PM
    thanks guys, I told him n he's not mad =)
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jul 25, 2007, 07:23 PM
    Lol, this reminds me of when I gave my girlfriend a copper ring I had made once, and it got stuck on her finger.
    Good on you for being honest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend's ex is pregnant; may be his. [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have only been together for 5 months, but we have been friends for years. Back when we were just friends he was engaged to another woman. They broke off their engagement at the beginning of this year and shortly after that we got together. After only being together for 1 month,...

Boyfriend's ex [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for awhile, but about a year ago we split up well while we were apart he was with another girl and they slept together a few times well we got back together and then I found out about her and she tells me she is pregnant and she don't want the baby. She wants...

My boyfriend's ex-crush. [ 8 Answers ]

Well my boyfriend and I are new to the relationship world... We have a lot in common especially in self-experiences. We are both a bit emotionally unstable but are in love. And we know that we still have so much to learn. Recently; we had a large argument about his ex-crush that he loved. He...

Boyfriend's chat [ 2 Answers ]

Ok my boyfriend and me haven't been dating that long but we've known each other for 2 years. Our relationship has been going really good. We see each other a few times a week and talk everyday. We rarely fight and when we do we make up the same night. Now we also both have myspace accounts and talk...

View more questions Search