Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oldtyke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 08:40 AM
    Fan limit switch temperature settings
    What are the normal temperature settings for the fan limit switch on the a/c+gas heater blower unit?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 10:06 AM
    The limit switch would be set about 180 degrees (this is the off temp.) The fan switch would be set to come on at 135 and go off at 100 to 105 degrees. This switch may have to be fine tuned to keep the fan from coming on during summer and to keep the fan from short cycling during normal operation.
    stoneage Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2007, 04:02 PM
    keep the fan from short cycling during normal operation.
    Is this the same as the fan coming on after the heat cycle has terminated? My Heil will fire up and blow air, but when the flame goes out the fan stops also. After 15-20 seconds the fan starts again and then may repeat 2-3 times. During this time the flame doesn't come on. Which limit is causing this activity?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Temperature limit switch [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Trane XR80 furnace, with a self-check flash code system (flashing red light). The furnace has been blowing cold air when turned on, and not heating up. The red light flashes 4 times, indicating that we have an "open Temperature Limit circuit". I believe that this means that our...

Fan limit switch [ 2 Answers ]

I need some help understanding the operation of a fan limit switch. What's the sequence of operation of this object. And how do one troubleshoot this part to determine if it's performing as it should. Thanks!:confused:

Beach Fan Limit Switch [ 1 Answers ]

Have a gas Beach furnace with fan limit switch issues. First time the blower would not shut off and blew cold air in the end. Replaced fan limit switch and it worked for a month and then did the same thing. Next time it lasted for nearly a year and same thing over. Now with a new one it works and...

What are the temperature settings for a fan limit switch [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 30+ year old forced air furnace. Currently, when the thermostat is turned up to call for more heat, the burners ignite normally. When the heat exchanger-HE- gets to temperature (which seems to take a long time) the fan switches on normally. HERE'S WHRE THE PROBLEM STARTS The fan...

Replacing a fan limit control switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a York gas furnace that is about 18 years old. The fan is blowing continuously. Tried to replace the thermostat and it didn't correct the problems. I am assuming the fan limit control switch is bad. Can I replace it myself? It is a Honeywell switch. Should I remove it and take it with me to...

View more questions Search