Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 04:54 AM
    He loves me
    He loves me but keep saying that we can't be together because he doesn't know how to love.what this suppose to mean?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 24, 2007, 05:16 AM
    It means he is not ready for whatever reason to be with you. How old are you and him?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2007, 05:41 AM
    This means quit agonizing for a supposed relationship because it is not going to happen right now. Neither you nor him are in the right place for this to work out. He sounds like he has some growing up to do and some things he needs to take care in his life before entering a relationship. So let it be. Be a friend but do not push for more. If that does not work for you, then let it entirely go and wish him well.
    tip Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 08:13 PM
    Then you show him what its like to love teach. Him how get him alone with you and give him a peck on the cheak flirt with him, give him a hug every now and then.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Darn, meant to disagree, tip. Sorry, but love is not kissing, flirting and hugging. Sometimes people just know that they are incapable or loving. If she cares about him, then she should respect his wishes. He said they can't be together and unless he figures this out for himself, she must let go. If she pressures him it could push him away or she may be put into a situation where she is hurt. She should either just be a good friend or let go completely.

Hugs, Didi
    tip Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 09:12 PM
    I geuss
    linds03 Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 02:48 PM
    Then why does he tell you he loves you if he doesn't know how to love. It maks zero sense. I would probably call his bluff and move on. Love is not a learned thing... it comes naturally. There is not a 10 step plan to love! Either you do or you don't...
    br_hjs Posts: 160, Reputation: 11
    -

Nov 4, 2007, 02:51 PM
    I think maybe he is just afraid to show it... my boyfriend says sometimes that theirs no such thing as love and that he was taught not to love. But I get a feeling he is just afraid to show it and maybe this guy that you are talking about is the same way. He wants to show he loves you but he's afraid to. If you love him, try showing him and maybe he will do the same for you... he could be afraid of showing he loves you and you not loveing him back
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2007, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by linds03
    Love is not a learned thing...it comes naturally.
    Oh, but love IS something that has to be learned. Children that were never cuddled and hugged and cared for grow up not knowing how to love. There is no disputing that; it's in all the science and medical literature.

Loving ourselves and loving others is not something we know how to do naturally. Job-shadow a counselor for a week if you don't believe that.
    linds03 Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 07:00 PM
    My point is that you cannot FORCE yourself to love someone. When your talking about children and so on who have been abused, then yes, they might need to learn how to love. If you say "I love you" to someone, you should probably mean it! So yes, love should come naturally. You think that we can pick the people will fall in love with? No. That's called infatuation. A counselor is not a romantic companion, either.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2007, 07:03 PM
    The OP's boyfriend said he doesn't know HOW to love. Perhaps he has never been truly loved or learned how to love someone else, or even himself. Nothing was said about forcing him to love her. And, lind, you totally missed my point about the counselor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She loves me she loves me not [ 21 Answers ]

I'm a 36 year old single male and I manage a successful company. We recently employed a young (23) administration assistant who started spending a lot of time with me due to work related issues. Initailly everything was fine and I felt no attration towards her but over time we became increasingly...

Hey found an article about first loves and loves in my local paper, might interest you! [ 2 Answers ]

Love Story (from Bournemouth Echo) Might interest you, :P Nothing amazing but its sweet, a book is listed there some may be interetsed in.

Two loves [ 2 Answers ]

All right its long... Me and my friend, Jane, started living together when I was 13, because my mother was into drugs, and she had a crush on this guy, Jake who is four years old then me, so 17, I didn't like him at first but then I did and jane and jake were going out and I didn't want to ruin...

How do I know if he loves me [ 8 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfreind for about 2 months and before that we were roommates bestfreinds and we have even cheated on or partners with each other and now have decided to get together I am having trouble figuring out if he loves me or if he just likes me we have waited 3 years to be together...

How to know my boyfriend really loves me [ 6 Answers ]

OK well here I go with my story I think it will be kind off long but I need you guys help so please read everything OK will I like my boyfriend since the first time I saw him I met him in school on September 5 2006 I liked him since then At the beginning of the year they put us together in...

View more questions Search