Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 31, 2011, 07:26 AM
    It is amazing that almost all of the people who have posted on this forum have mis-spelled the same word in the same manner.

It is "warrant". :rolleyes:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2011, 09:19 AM
    If you go into a police station and ask about any outstanding warrants you may have be prepared to spend some time in their jail if you do.

Most police agencies do not list this stuff online either. It would be listed in the Clerk of Court Criminal Docket. And sometimes it is not even listed there online. If the courts in your county are online andyou can look up a criminal case sometimes there is a notation that a warrant was issued for the person if they say, missed a court date or failed to show for sentencing. Some counties with less available money don't list the court docket online so you would have to guess if you have a warrant or not.

You could call the courthouse and ask the Criminal Court Clerk to look up your case number and see if a warrant was issued and noted in the case docket if that county does not subscribe to the online court case docket system.

If you think you do have a warrant contact a criminal law attorney and have them negotiate your bail/bond prior to turning yourself in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

When are they going to arrest her? [ 17 Answers ]

So my mother-in-law owns her own realty business and had this secretary who has embezzled two hundred thousand dollars. They received the final amount a couple of months ago. Now it's been a year since this whole investigation and DA had started all this and yet this woman is still working for a...

False arrest [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfrined and (father of my two kids) got arrested about 2 and a half years ago on a domestic violenco crime my sister set up that was fake but she was sleeping with a cop and had him file the report. Well that led him to getting a years probation with a black woman who tell every white person...

Disclosing arrest [ 2 Answers ]

I applied for citizenship on April 11 2007,since then I have already got fingerprinted but I just received a letter from immigration department that fbi backgrond check has revealed that I have a arrest record and they have asked me to bring the police report and court disposition how case was...

Warrents-what to do? [ 7 Answers ]

Two year ago I got three tickets, two for minor in possession and one for driving with a beginners permit. I was unable to appear in court for the tickets, for I live in another state, and I was unable to pay the fines at the time. Because I was unable to pay the tickets bench warrants were posted...

Shoplifting no arrest [ 1 Answers ]

I was caught shoplifting in Florida (8$ good).security guard took me to room,click my pict,noted License,name,adress& Ph num, No cops called,no arrest. They told me that they will go for a Trespassing notice and if I found again in the store, I will be arrested... let me know, will police get...

View more questions Search