Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mahm6266 Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 05:07 PM
    How to get pregnant
    How does a women get pregnant? Does the sperm go up her folullopian tubes even though she is a virgin? Can you get pregnant without ever having a penis inside a vagina.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Pregnancy
    Your Most Embarrassing Sex Questions Answered

Pregnancy occurs when an egg is fertilized by sperm and implants into the uterus lining to develop into an embryo. All of these have to occur for pregnancy to occur. Pregnancy can happen when any semen (with sperm) is in or around the vaginal area allowing the sperm to reach the egg to fertilize it. If the woman/girl is a virgin and she does not have sexual intercourse, it is unlikely for her to become pregnant, but it could happen.
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jul 23, 2007, 05:15 PM
    It is not impossible, but highly improbable. Even when ejaculation occurs inside the vagina, and even when the woman is ovulating, there is still, on average, only a 7% chance she will become pregnant. Obviously, some people are more fertile than others. Sperm cannot live in open air for long at all, so it would have to make enough contact with the vagina to make that long journey. It's a long, long shot, but not absolutely impossible
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mahm6266
    how does a women get pregnant? does the sperm go up her folullopian tubes even tho she is a virgin? can u get pregnant without ever having a penis inside a vagina.
    Hun I have explained this to you before. You have to have sex to get pregnant. Why are you still worried about this? :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockabilly1955mama
    It is not impossible, but highly improbable. Even when ejaculation occurs inside the vagina, and even when the woman is ovulating, there is still, on average, only a 7% chance she will become pregnant. Obviously, some people are more fertile than others. Sperm cannot live in open air for long at all, so it would have to make enough contact with the vagina to make that long journey. It's a long, long shot, but not absolutely impossible
    Sperm can live in open, room temperature, dry air for up to 4 hours. But even then, it is unlikely she is pregnant. I have talked to her before, she is very paranoid and I keep explaining to her that if she stresses out (which is what she's been doing) she will be late, or even skip a period. She doesn't listen when I tell her to relax.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 23, 2007, 05:24 PM
    Fertalization occurs when one sperm penetrates the ovum (egg). This takes place in the outer 1/3 of the fallopian tube and occurs within 24 hours of the ovums release. Once fertalization occurs the newly formed cell is called a zygote.

The zygote moves through the fallopian tube to the uterus within 3 - 4 days. The cells continue to divide, some of the cells develop into the embryo and a specific amount develop the placenta. Between days 6 - 10 enzymes are secreted that allow implantation.

The embryonic stage covers from 2 - 8 weeks after conception.

The length of pregnancy is computed using Nagale's rule, which counts back 3 months from the first day of the last menstrual period (LMP) and then adds 7 days. This is how a due date is figured.

My source was Potter & Perry's Fundamentals of Nursing.

I hope this helps.
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jul 23, 2007, 05:24 PM
    She does need to relax in that case. Stress is not good for these types of things whatso ever. Well, stress isn't good period.
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockabilly1955mama
    She does need to relax in that case. Stress is not good for these types of things whatso ever. Well, stress isn't good period.
    She has been putting up a post about this at least twice a week, and myself and others have all told her the same thing. Calm down and relax.

Jul 23, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Omg guys sorry to make it seem like I'm not listening to you which is totally not the case, but this honestly never ever happened to me. That brown discharge last month really threw me off and thts the only thing that's been stressing me out besides cramping everyday. Me and my boyfriend didn't ever do anything but because I touched some precum, I'm freaked out that's all. I don't know why my period isn't even coming but I feel the cramps as if I'm getting it. But there's nothing.
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 06:47 PM
    You could just simply be having an irregular period. It happens to all women from time to time. Touching precum will not make you pregnant, I promise.

And that brown discharge was just old blood. That's it.

Jul 23, 2007, 06:49 PM
    What about the cramping. I've been having cramps for a while now and again following some white discharge. And there is some pain in my lower vagina (cramps).
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 06:58 PM
    what about the cramping. ive been having cramps for a while now and again following some white discharge. and there is some pain in my lower vagina (cramps).
    Have you gotten together everything you need so you can go to the doctor yet?
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jul 23, 2007, 06:59 PM
    Honestly if you got pregnant it would be a miracle baby! Touching precum will not get you pregnant. You never have had sex... so relax.
    You are probably young. It is normal to have irregular periods when you are young and sometimes even skip periods.
    The cramping is normal. Your body is probably getting ready to start your period. White discharge could mean you are ovulating which is another reason you might be cramping.
    If this is something you are really worried about go to the doctor, at least that would ease your mind.
    If I were you I wouldn't worry about this at all. Wait and see if you have a period next month.
    sweetheart4me Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 07:00 PM
    how does a women get pregnant? does the sperm go up her folullopian tubes even tho she is a virgin? can u get pregnant without ever having a penis inside a vagina.
    Yes you can get pregnant with out the penis going inside it's called spooning. It rarely happens but it can. Yes the sperm goes up the folullopian tubes and then 9 months later there comes baby.
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetheart4me
    Yes you can get pregnant with out the penis going inside it's called spooning. It rarely happens but it can.
    It is like a one in a million chance.

Jul 23, 2007, 07:12 PM
    I cannot afford to get pregnant and that is why I always stayed away from sex. That is why I'm stressing this matter.
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 07:13 PM
    i cannot afford to get pregnant and that is why i always stayed away from sex. that is why im stressing this matter.
    Well you are lucky because you are not pregnant. There is no reason to stress. If you stop stressing, you period has a more likely chance of coming.

Jul 23, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Sigh. Thanks for putting up with me dumb questions. U guys will be the first ones to know when I get it lol.

Jul 23, 2007, 07:14 PM
    My*
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 07:18 PM
    sigh. thanks for putting up with me dumb questions. u guys will be the first ones to know when i get it lol.
    Its no problem hun. Its what we're here for. But please, take my advice, calm down! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

15 and could be pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

I had sex about a month ago and my period came on 3 days later and I was 2 days late, but that has been common for the last 3 months. Its now time for my second period to come on and its two days late. I was just wondering could I be pregnant even though my period came on 3 days after I had sex a...

Can't I get pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancée and I have been trying to get pregnant for the past 9 months, we aren't using any birth control and have sex several times a week, but I haven't gotten pregnant. I am worried that I can't get pregnant or he is shooting blanks and I don't know what to do, we would both give anything to...

Am I pregnant [ 7 Answers ]

Hi wondered if anyone can help or if anyone's had this I had a abortion on 26th January 2007 since then I have had a boyfriend had unpretected sex as we wish to have a baby its now 17th march and have not had a period so am nearly two months late have pregnancy signs always tired cramps and so on...

COULD I BE pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I have had pms symptons pretty bad all last week they usually stop on the first day of my period, my period is now three days late and pms symptons seem to have dissappeared? Also when I started having pms symptoms I had thick white discharge coming out in lumps now my discharge is clear and...

View more questions Search