Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmaltz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2004, 06:54 AM
    Uncommanded internet download
    I left my PC on last night to run a viruscan. When I checked it this morning I had no viruses but I noticed that something was downloading data onto my PC from the internet. I determined this by checking a program I have called DU Meter which monitors the flow of network traffic across my ethernet connection. Other than Norton Antivirus, no other programs were running and as far as I could tell there were no programs running that would be downloading data from the net.

My question is, how can I determine what was causing this data transmission across my internet connection?

Thanks,
    Ben
    ThisTastesNasty Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2004, 11:48 PM
    Re: uncommanded internet download
    That's a scary thought bro. Two things could be happening, you got some spyware that eats up CPU usage, or I'm dreading if you have a cable/dsl and no firewall (or a crappy one) and someone is using back orifice or some equivlent. Meaning someone is accessing naughty files and sites thugroh your computer IP (Like the FBI database or NASA crap). This would be bad, no, this would be very bad. I hope you comprehend what I mean. I hope you got it fixed right away. Oh and sorry if this scares you out of your pants.
    argeldeggy Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2004, 12:23 AM
    Re: uncommanded internet download
    Download: adaware, spybot, and bazooka scanner

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to download [ 18 Answers ]

Hi , We find few music album sites, wherein we can just play the music online. What needs to be done if we want to download the music and save them into our local drive. I tried doing that, but always end up with saving as "Html" or "Real Player Presentation" format and cannot be played...

Can't download ANYTHING! [ 13 Answers ]

My computer has just recovered from a problem in which was solved by the removing of display drivers. While I doubt that shouldn't affect my downloading, I can't think of anything that is wrong with my computer for it to be as such. Now I can't even download new drivers. I need help!! :( ...

How can I download program from internet? [ 2 Answers ]

when I try to download anything from the net I get this message(your current security settings prohibit running active x),please what can I do? thanks a lot

Unknown download from internet [ 1 Answers ]

I left my PC on last night to run a viruscan. When I checked it this morning I had no viruses but I noticed that something was downloading data onto my PC from the internet. I determined this by checking a program I have called DU Meter which monitors the flow of network traffic across my...

Download [ 1 Answers ]

Can you download all material on a hotmaill account in one go onto a c.d and how please.

View more questions Search