Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    try_yancey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Talent Agent
    What are the steps to becoming an entertainment/talent agent?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 06:00 PM
    From the following site: WikiAnswers - How do you become a talent agent

Becoming a Talent Agent

I assume that when you ask that you mean talent agents at big firms in New York or L.A that represent the famous of the famous and the best of the best.

This is one of the most difficult careers to get into, in fact it is nearly impossible unless you have amazing social skills and a gift of gab like no other. You also have to be able to work your off.

So how do you do it?

1. Get a 4 year degree. In anything. Business, Film, English, political sciences... anything.

2. Make sure you know someone, or someone who knows someone in the entertainment industry in LA or New York. This will get you an interview at one of the agencies to work in the mailroom. One interesting thing about the agency business is that you never get hired right off the bat to be an agent. You start at the bottom, in the mailroom. The work is grueling, and if you so much as sneeze or call someone "higher" than you by he wrong name, you are OUT OF THERE.

3. If you shine in the mailroom, and I mean SHINE, for about 1-2 years, then you get upgraded to the oh-so-glamorous position of assistant to an agent, or even a junior agent. This means 18 hour workdays and many odd tasks from finding a certain type of candy that is only sold in some strange, dark part of LA just because some junior agent's kid wanted it to balancing 9 phone calls on and off sometimes for 6 hours at a time. But if you make it, and you get promoted to junior agent, then it's a happy ride from there on out.

4. After junior agent the next step is agent, and then if your amazing at what you do, partner. It's a good life if you can make it to step one, but before you even start make sure you got the biggest balls of anyone you know, and you also happen to be the best talker.
    You also might want to check out the following sites:

Talent Agent Job Profile

How to Become a Talent Agent, Starting a Talent Agency, Scouting Talents, Representing Talents -Models, Artists, Musicians

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Becoming a talent agent. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am in high school and am interested in becoming a talent agent. I was wondering what majors I should look into for this career and what can I do now to get a head start or help me get a better picture of the career? Thanks, Phi

Step by step needed to become and operate as a Talent Agent [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I am interested in operating a Talent agency of my own, and would appreciate any information on where to begin the process. I know I need to get licensed and a surety bond in the amount of $50,000 according to the new standards, but I need to know where to go to get the application for...

Talent Agent? Where to start... [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am looking into getting into modelling or acting management. Like an Agent. I was a model for a couple years when I was a teenager, and since having my son, I can't go back... I was hoping to stay in the industry, but on the management side. The fashion industry has...

Do I need a license to become a Talent Agent in Fulton County Georgia (Atlanta)? [ 2 Answers ]

If so, where do I go to get it, what are the requirements, and how much does it cost? What are the specific functions of a Talent Agent? I know what they do, but I have not a clue of how.

Do I have ANY Talent? [ 11 Answers ]

I recently wrote a "poem" for a high school english class. It didn't rhyme, and it took me less than a day to write it. The day my teacher handed them back, she persisted that I had copied the whole thing off the internet. I got very angry with her and talked with her after class and finally...

View more questions Search