Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klawrenc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Sand filter is leaking from top - try to repair or replace?
    I have a Jacuzzi sand filter for my I/g pool - approx age 18 years. Over the last two seasons it has dribbled a bit from the top whenever I change the filter setting (e.g. to backwash, drain, or back to normal pool operation mode). The drips would stop after a few minutes of regular operation. After backwashing yesterday and turning the filter back to regular operation the dribbles became a steady run that didn't stop. I lost approx 1/8" of water overnight, over a 9-hour period. I called a local pool store today and they suggested I might want to try take the head off to see if the filter gasket needs replacing (approx $20). I appreciate the difference in cost between this approach and replacing the filter, but I really don't know much about filter assembly and I'm wondering if it's even worth bothering given the age of the unit. Any comments?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 23, 2007, 03:18 PM
    Yes definitely worth a try. The gasket is usually a round O ring and can be easily replaced. When you buy the gasket ask for a small tube of gasket lube too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It's About a Muskin Sand Filter! [ 2 Answers ]

With in the past couple of weeks, I was given a whole pool with all the accessories that you could get, the sand filter that came with it is by Muskin leisure products. I have been looking online for any type of information on it but I have come up with nothing. There in no model# on it or...

Sand filter will not backwash? Any ideas why? [ 4 Answers ]

I have an older used sand filter, and a new pump hooked up to my above ground pool. We are just setting this up and cannot get it to backwash. We replaced the sand thinking that might be the problem. No luck. It has a plunger type handle at the top that says "pull out to backwash and run for at...

Sand filter manuals [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a used sand filter and pump for my pool. The pump in working great, but Im not sure about the sand filter . This is all new to me and Im not sure how to operate it properly does anyone know where to find the manual, It's a Muskin model # 72162-9 I haves searched and searched and can not...

Sand filter [ 1 Answers ]

After our pool is cleaned, an hour later there will be sand on the bottom of the pool again. What is the prob? :( :eek: :confused:

View more questions Search