Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah11282 Posts: 54, Reputation: 7

Jul 25, 2005, 03:37 AM
    Cant move on!
    My boyfriend finished with me around 2 months ago. He has a new girlfriend now but I can not seem to move on. I have not been chasing him or trying to contact him or trying to get him back or anything. Its just I cannot seem to move on. Any advice?
    turtlegirl Posts: 151, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2005, 07:15 AM
    What have you done to try to move on? Try to distract yourself. Work out, call friends you've lost touch with, write letters, read, take a trip if you can --even just to the next town over. Do something different each day, like go to work a different route, buy coffee from a different shop, get your groceries somewhere else. Make it a project to do something different every day. This is good because it's a distraction, you see how resourceful you are, you see new things and you talk to different people.
    I got this advice from my brother a few years ago and it's good. Try it.

Be well.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2005, 07:34 AM
    Move on
    Hi,
    You can do it.
    IF you really want to.
    Go out, meet and make new friends. Get involved with other things and other people. Start going to church, if you don't already.
    Before you know it, you will be thinking about other things.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2005, 09:47 AM
    Turtle - I like that - Do something different definitely helps - it helps to see different people daily life.. No question. I even got a tattoo that was a special reminder. Let hair grow longer. Worked out A LOT and got in great shape.

It also takes just plain old time.

With one gal I wrote out everything I liked about her and everything I didn't like. I then realized some of the things I didn't like were really bad - too big of a flirt, some trust issues I felt internally, respect etc.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2005, 09:50 AM
    ALSO - heartache is avoidable.

Usually you feel heartache when you put too much importance in someone. They are NOT your life - just part of it.

You can NEVER control them or convice them to like you - never.

In future relationships - make sure to be MORE independent - build barriers. Don't get too clsoe too early.
    sahilgoyal Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jul 28, 2005, 10:11 AM
    I totally agree with turtlegirl and wildcat. I was ina very similar situation as yours. Before doing any of the things mentioned.. you have to believe that you have to move on. Tell yourself.. "i gotta move on". Spend time with family n friends.take up a sport. And remember what wildcat said... "He was NOT your life..just a small part of it".
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2005, 10:27 AM
    Yes - I also - learn to love yourself first.

Change - build barriers and tests going forward.

You don't NEED someone - needy-clingy is horrible.
    Trapperkeeper Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2005, 10:22 PM
    I think you should move on too. Did you want him more when you found out about his new girl. Sometimes you want them more when they have someone else. You should go out and find someone else not to fill the void of him not being there. Just because he moved on you should to.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2005, 04:12 AM
    Can't forget him
    HI,
    If you have been to church, or still go; then keep going.
    Church is a great place to meet new people. It also lets you know that you are not alone.
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Want to move [ 4 Answers ]

We do not have a lease,we are month to month tenants.We want to move.we told our landlord on the 15th of may that we are moving on the 17 of June.Well he proceeded to ask me if we would stay until the end of June in stead of the middle.Well we cannot do that.He then told me that he had spent our...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

I need to move on... help [ 9 Answers ]

I have never posted anything on the website before, but for a while now I have been looking through the internet to see if anyone has shared a similar situation to myself. I found this website really helpful to read through other people problems and the sound advice that was given, I'm hoping there...

Ex wants to Move & Take Son [ 4 Answers ]

I live in CA (with my wife of 7 years, our 2 children, and my step-son) and I have joint legal and 33% physical custody of my 8 year-old son with my ex-girlfriend (even though I get him a lot more than 33%, that percentage is what is on the court orders). My ex recently married a man in the Army,...

Still can't move on [ 9 Answers ]

Hi wondering if anyone can help. I split up with my ex 6 months ago. He finished the relationship, I did not want it to end. Since we have split we have remained friends and have continued to see each other often resulting in us sleeping together. He says that he doesn't want to be with me at the...

View more questions Search