Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babygirl152 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Landlord is giving out tenant's personal info
    I live upstairs from my landlord and lately her and I have been having disputes. I have now been receiving calls from friends and family of her's that she gave my number to even after I told her not to give out my phone number. Can I sue my landlord for harassment?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 12:12 PM
    Keep a record of the phone calls - you will need some sort of back up. If necessary call the phone company to get records of incoming calls. I would call the police and tell them that you have been receiving harassing phone calls ( again keeping a record) and say that you believe they are originating from your landlord.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Tell the friends and family that have been calling you not to call you anymore. Send your landlord a written request not to give out your phone number to anyone and save a copy for yourself. If these steps do not solve the problem, then press harassment charges.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord giving keys to new tenants while we were still renting, etc. [ 1 Answers ]

We gave 30 days notice to our landlord (as per lease agreement) on May 1st. We had moved mostly everything out by May 14th, except for our phone and computer and a few odds and ends. We didn't have phone/computer service hooked up at the new place yet. On May 14th, I came to the house to check...

Disposal of abandoned evicted tenant's personal property [ 1 Answers ]

What is to be done with the abandoned property of a court-evicted Illinois tenant? Does the landlord need to keep it? If so, how long?

Tenant's Right to Privacy? [ 1 Answers ]

Due to a current situation I ended up having to take in mother's dog (she is ill) for a week. Well, sure enough, the leasing office found out there was a dog in my apartment. They created a bogus maintenance request to enter my apartment and check things out, then the nasty letter came. A second...

Tenant's property [ 3 Answers ]

What can I do if a Tenant leaves all of their belongings behind after an eviction and a writ of possession has been enforced?

Finding info about personal bank account [ 4 Answers ]

Lets say I return an item at a retail store and the refunded money goes directly to my personal bank account/credit card, can the owner or manager of that store legally find out the name of the account holder, going by the account numbers that they have in their computer system for that return?

View more questions Search