Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dnboyd34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Etching copyright by SZL (1937 0r 1931)
    I have an original etching "Sunny Morning" by Pierre. SZL copy #30. I would like to know something about the artist and the value of the etching. One answer given indicated the gallery was open from 1940 to 1960. However, this etching has a copyright dated 1937 or 1931
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Please see the answer to a similar question on the following link:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/art/pa...-s-112429.html
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 23, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Here's my usual C&P on this subject:

Quote Originally Posted by PES
    One of the best resources that I have found concerning Paris Etching Society is from Google answers, located HERE.
    The response from scriptor-ga is very insightful.

Basically PES was set up by Sidney Z. Lucas, hence the SZL mark. He owned a printshop in New York in the years 1940 to 1960 where He
    produced a large number of prints after old etchings.
    Generally, prints by Mr. Lucas seem not to reach very high prices.
    At the end of the day they look nice, but that's about it.
    Most of what is talked about them is from people "boiler rooming" the price on the supposed French history.

I hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SZL French Etching by Gaston Hoffman "Cats" [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me more about the artist and value of the etching? I believe artist lived in France, late 1800's . :) C.Russell

French Etchings-SZL [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 "Original Etchings", one titled "Wharf of the Beguinage" by Dasselborne(#55); the other "A River in Flanders" by Van Santon(#203). Both say etchings carrying this label are genuine original French Etchings imported from Paris. Both also say, the artist placed on this etching the triangle...

Original Etching SZL artiste Pilippe [ 2 Answers ]

I have two etchings for this artist - but I only know his last name is Philippe. These are certified Original Etchings with the SLZ Triangle Trade Mark. I also am not able to read the titles very well - possibly it says "Vierny Fignoures" and "Pirgnou Janiene" - obviously in French, but not easy...

SZL etching [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have an etching by the Paris etching society. -signed by "Phillippe" in pencil bottom right of picture -numbered 117 on bottom lower left -title is a little illegible... still working on it with my french buddy could be "Emmener ? d'aimes" -It is of a country lane. Lane is lined...

Information on Paris etching society etching [ 1 Answers ]

Have a etching "Near Anneau In France" signed in pencil,I can not make out the name . On the back of the etching say genuine etching by"Philippe" distributed by Phillips toronto Ltd. My husband got mad at me for paying ten dollars for it the first year we were married. That was thrity three years...

View more questions Search