Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlawlor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 12:06 PM
    Introducing new medical service
    Need to write a letter as follow up material. Subject is new medical service for screening hearts of 6-18 age bracket. Service to combat sudden cardiac arrest. So I need to quickly educate the prospect the subject of sudden death.Explain how it can be prevented and then have them want my service. Need to do this without scaring them. Not an easy letter to write. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Mary Ellen
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 12:35 PM
    You might get some good ideas and words to use from the article on the following site.

ScienceDaily: Screening Children For Heart Disease Risk Helps To Identify Parents At Risk

I would suggest starting the letter with just an introduction of who you are and the service that you will be offering and providing. Also, that you want to emphasize preventive steps that can be taken against heart diseases. Mention that this is a follow-up letter to information that they have already received? (I don't know what information has already been given to the target audience, nor in what format it was given.)

A letter could be worded to attract the attention of parents who already know that they have medical conditions which can be carried on to their children.

For instance: "If you have any of the following conditions, it is possible that you children may also be susceptible to..."

Of course you don't start the letter with something like the above sentence above, but put it more towards the middle of the letter.

I wouldn't make the letter too long. Short and to the point. Make it like an invitation for them to come and see what you have to offer. Your letter is basically an ad, so it needs to be an easy read and thus easy to remember. If there is any competition for what you are offering, I would suggest trying to be the first to offer your services.

You could also put something in the letter about "If you have any questions, then please feel free to give me a call at..."

This is just a possible start. Hopefully, others will come along and add their own ideas. But, in the end, the letter must be written by you because it will represent yourself and what you do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing from metered service on my shop to service from my house. [ 2 Answers ]

I’ve had the meter and 3 wire service cable removed from my shop. I’ve purchased 90 feet of 100 amp direct burial cable to run from the lower section of my home meter to my shop. Not being an electrician, I’m still trying to install this changeover. The direct burial cable has 4 wires. 2 larger...

View more questions Search