Ask
    shellyangel99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 11:55 AM
    How to prorate monthly rent
    I Need To Know How To Properly Prorate Monthly Rent
    If Anyone Can Please Provide A Formula That Would Be Very Much Appreciated
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Jul 23, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Take the monthly amount, divide by the number of days in the month, then multiply by the number of days you are paying.

For example, $900 rent, 31 days = $29.03 per day rent. Let's say you are paying for 20 days. It would be $29.03 x 20 = $580.65.

Hope that helps.
    tulamsh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 11:50 AM
    Hi Shelleyangel99, GoldieMae is correct. Always be conscious of the days in the month in question before figuring our this calculation. Also here is a prorate calculator you can use: http://www.mrlandlord.com/proratercalc.html or try http://www.freerentalsite.com/home/how-to-prorate-rent.asp which is more accurate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a landlord refuse to prorate rent? [ 4 Answers ]

I have asked my landlord for an extra five days to move out. They are refusing, stating that I have to pay the full month's rent if I stay those extra days. My apartment has not been rented to anyone else as of yet. Is this legal??

Monthly cost [ 2 Answers ]

Suppose that your monthly cost for a telephone service is $24.95 plus $.0035 per minute of long distance. Let t represent the time (in minute) that you talk on the phone long distance and M(t) represent the cost in $ as a function of long distance minutes. a. Write a formula, use the function...

Early monthly [ 2 Answers ]

My period is 19 days early could I be pregnancy

Monthly period [ 6 Answers ]

I have irregular income monthly period. Sometimes my monthly period would come like in January and then come in march. And my period would come sometimes later then my time of schedule. What should I do to control my time of period.

View more questions Search