Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bacforever Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Guineapig Lice - Seriousness
    Yesterday I acquired a 2 and a half year old guinea pig who's sister had died. I was initially worried she had a parasite infestation and today after checking her over I can confirm she has static lice. I am obtaining some insecticidal shampoo immediately but I fear this is the reason why her sister died and was wondering if anyone could predict the seriousness of this infestation and whether or not it could affect my rabbit or my gerbil. I have never owned a guineapig before and so would be grateful for help,

b*
    bacforever Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 06:22 AM
    I'm using this Thermvin or something but I don't know if it works and it's a one dose every 4weeks thing
    Also, is she too old to get a companion for her (it would have to be around the same age) as I don't want her to be lonely. I am building her a new cage as the other is disgusting, just don't want her to die before I'm done
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 06:46 AM
    ASPCA: Pet Care: Small Pet Information: Guinea Pig Care You may find this info helpful. You are very nice for trying to help this poor creature by giving it a decent and loving home. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Getting rid of lice? [ 10 Answers ]

My daughter has had lice for about 3 weeks now. Every couple of days I pull them all out of her hair, wash everything and vacuum the floor, with a clean bag. And Still they keep coming back. I am sure the source is at her school but they refuse to do anything, including checking other children. I...

When dealing with longhair and Lice [ 7 Answers ]

:eek: :eek: I have a problem. I love having long hair.I just do.Okay, but then I work out and it gets sweaty, and then somehow I get lice:eek: .But then I cut it short and I don't.Right now it is short, but I want to know ANY WAYS that you know of to prevent or get rid of lice while having long...

View more questions Search