Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dhinojos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2005, 05:58 PM
    Lawyer took my money!
    Can I sue my former attorney's malpractice insurance for her misappropriating my funds? I filed a formal complaint with the California state bar. They found that she had misappropriated my funds, but by the end of the divorce had paid what they thought she owed (even though I had to fight over 2 years and go to court numerous times). I was on unemployment with $76,000.00 in her trust account that she wouldn't release. The board found that she'd used the money and therefore could not release what she didn't have. She doled it out in $1500, $5000 and $2500 increments so that after 2 years there was nothing left! Instead of giving me my share in a lump sum where I could have stayed on top of bills and purchased another home in the beginning. Please help!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2005, 07:31 AM
    Lawyers
    Hi,
    I hate to say this, but you need another lawyer. He/she can guide you in what to do, if anything, about this other lawyer.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2005, 07:50 AM
    Using money from the firm trust fund is the most oft cause for disbarrement of lawyers. It's a huge ethics violation. I assume you can sue, check your state rules. It might be tough as lawyers hate to sue other lawyers but you'll find one that will.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What ? 2 ask a lawyer for custody? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I need some help!! My son is 10 yrs old and my ex and I have joint custody and our son lives with him. I have recently found out that my ex signed our son over to his sister and now she has a "guardinship papers" our my son. I went to get him and she would not give him up. I later found...

Complicated Divorce... no lawyer [ 3 Answers ]

I have a very complicated divorce and of course I have no lawyer. I left my husband in the fall of 2001. I filed for divorce in January of 2002. We have three children and he has two more from a previous marriage. He was sent to Korea for 23 months. Both his lawyer and my lawyer said that I legally...

I want to call to Judge without my lawyer [ 1 Answers ]

I am plaintiff. Oct,2002. My lawyer submitted paper for summary judgment at New York Supreme court. Nov,2002. Oral argument of summry judgment was supposed to hold court After a few months, My lawyer said judge cancelled oral agument. He said now we are waitting for ruling of judge. 8...

View more questions Search