Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glenniem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 04:38 AM
    Rewiring dmarc from 2 lines to one line
    How do I convert from having two lines to one line so all jacks work on the same line from the dmarc box
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 06:13 AM
    If you have a cordless phone, plug into active line. Go to Demarc. You will see 4 post,
    Or if newer, a little trickier/ If you remove 1 wire and you still have dial tone, good, remove the 1 next to it, still have dial tone good also. Now those 2 wire that you disconnected need to connect to other pair.
    Line 1+ Usually is green or white/blue
    Line 1- Usually is red or blue/white

Line 2+ Usually is black or white/orange
    Line 2- Usually is yellow or orange/white.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 23, 2007, 06:22 AM
    Unless the jacks were wired so some of them have the second line as primary you shouldn't have to do anything. If all the jacks are wired red/green to red/green then the same line is primary. However, if some of the jacks are wired black/yellow to red/green, then the secondary line is primary for that jack so just reverse them.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Easy test for ScottGems is a splitter(L1,L2, L1+L2) Plug phone in each, see if you get dial tone, if you do. Rewiring jack will work. If all jacks before had Line 1 Or Line 2, then demarc may be most quick.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel line chart - no lines [ 9 Answers ]

I made an excel line chart for church attendance on Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Thursday night. The markers are there to show the attendance, but there are no connecting lines even though I chose line chart. I have made a line chart before and it did have the lines. Does anyone know why...

Rewire from 2 phone lines back to one line [ 7 Answers ]

Added line 2 for dedicated dial-up line. Now have DSL & don't need both lines. However, line 2 is wired to room with computer & line 1 has DSL. Can I go to box outside & rewire line 2 with line 1 & put all jacks in the house On line 1? Hope you understand what I am asking. Any help would be...

Rewiring to make a single phone line [ 5 Answers ]

Presently I have two phone lines, my main one and a line for my computer. They are in two separate boxes outside. I would like to remove the additional line but don't want to pay the $85 or more to have a phone guy fix it up. I would just like all the phone lines to be for the primary line. If...

Rewiring an old chandelier [ 2 Answers ]

Good morning, I have been given a really old 7 arm bronze chandelier. The thing is really impressive, it must weigh at least 40lbs! It still has its original wiring; the strands are whitish and the insulation appears to be made of some kind of rubber which crumbles to dust at the slightest...

Rewiring a basement. [ 4 Answers ]

I am in the process of finishing my previously unfinished basement. I've got all the framing done, and it's time for electrical before I get to drywall. My basement is very small, and there will simply be a den, and a bedroom. There are two 15amp circuits running to the basement currently. ...

View more questions Search