Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mosabee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2005, 05:12 PM
    New sink faucet but water won't come out
    I just installed a new sink, facuet and supply water lines. When I turned on the water for first time water came out for a few seconds then stopped. I diconnected the water lines from the faucet and the water comes out fine but when I hook them back up to the faucet no water will come out. Any ideas what can be wrong? Can there be an air lock somewhere in the faucet, if so how do you fix that?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 25, 2005, 05:40 AM
    The first thing
    Quote Originally Posted by mosabee
    I just instaleld a new sink, facuet and supply water lines. When I turned on the water for first time water came out for a few seconds then stopped. I diconnected the water lines from the faucet and the water comes out fine but when I hook them back up to the faucet no water will come out. Any ideas what can be wrong? Can there be an air lock somewhere in the faucet, if so how do you fix that?
    I would do is to remove the aerator on the end of the spout and try the water again. Water come out of the spout now? You disturbed some crud on the walls of your old supply lines and they clogged up the aerator screens. Clean the screens and you're back in business. If that don't work I need the name and model of the faucet you installed before I can help. Regards, Tom
    mosabee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2005, 09:56 AM
    Thanks for the tip. Actually we figured it out and it was a clump of something that was lodged in the aerator. Thanks for the reply!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen Sink Faucet No Hot Water Pressure [ 4 Answers ]

I have one of the Kitchen Faucets that is also the spray, all in one unit. When the cold water is turned on, the pressure is great, nice and cold. When the handle is turned to Hot, there is barely any pressure and the hot water never comes. I also have a dual sink in the master bedroom and one...

When sink faucet on shower water pressure returns [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone. Looking for help on returning hot water pressure to my shower. I've replaced cartridge and verified that there is no clog at masterbath shower. I was able to do this by turning on masterbath faucet and seeing that full hot water pressure was returned to shower. Also the faucet...

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

Just installed a new sink, faucet, and... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Can someone help? We just installed a new sink and faucet. We had to replace some of the pvc pipes to fit the new sink. The pipe fitting went well, but the sink drain is leaking from the gasket underneath. It is also leaking where the sink drain pipe leads into the pvc trap. Everything seems...

Kitchen Sink faucet - odd nut [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new at this so figure I'll just jump right in and be ignorant... We have a kitchen sink faucet (American Standard I think) that seems to have a retaining nut under it that defies logic. I've replaced the faucet, drain, etc in the bathrooms and it was nothing like this. This kitchen...

View more questions Search