Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zelf24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2005, 04:00 PM
    Acct. 101 Test Questions (due Mon, 7-25-2005)
    Hey all, for our final we were given a take-home test for my Accounting 101 class. There are several questions that have stumped me however. If you could lend a helping hand I would be much appreciative. Thanks so much! (This exam is due early tomorrow morning (Monday, 8:00AM 7-25-05)

Q1: What is the total stockholder's equity based on the following data?
    Common Stock $900,000
    Excess of Issue Price over Par $375,000
    Retained Earnings (Deficit) ($50,000)

a. $1,200,000
    b. $1,225,000
    c. $1,275,000
    d. $1,325,000

-------------------

Q2: A company with 100,000 authorized shares of $5 par common stock issued 40,000 shares at $7. Subsequently, the company declared a 2% stock dividend on a date when the market price was $9 a share. The effect of the declaration and issuance of the stock dividend is to:

a. decrease retained earnings, increase common stock, and increase paid-in capital
    b. increase retained earnings, decrease common stock, and decrease paid-in capital
    c. increase retained earnings, decrease common stock, and increase paid-in capital
    d. decrease retained earnings, increase common stock, and decrease paid-in capital

-----------------

Q3: Which of the following would appear as a prior-period adjustment?

a. loss resulting from the sale of fixed assets
    b. difference between the actual and estimated uncollectible accounts receivable
    c. error in the computation of depreciation expense
    d. liquidating dividend

------------------

Q4: Which of the following is not a part of comprehensive income?

a. foreign currency items
    b. additions to stockholders' equity from issuing common stock
    c. unrealized gains and losses
    d. pension liability adjustments

------------------

Q5: An investor purchases 400 shares of common stock, $25 par, for $17,400. Subsequently, 100 shares were sold for 49.50 per share. What is the amount of gain or loss on the sale?

a. $8,000 gain
    b. $600 gain
    c. $600 loss
    d. $8,000 loss

-----------------

Q6: The present value of $25,000 to be received in 2 years, at 12% compounded annually, is (rounded to nearest dollar):

a. $19,930
    b. $30,500
    c. $22,523
    d. $25,000
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2005, 04:40 PM
    Who did your homework before the internet?
    Zelf24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2005, 05:38 PM
    Ok, I didn't post these questions to get berated by the school police. I am a person of good character and would not post such a thread full knowing that it was wrong in doing so. It is perfectly OK to ask for outside help on this assignment. With that said, if someone could truly help me, and not use the board to flame, I would much appreciate it. Thanks!
    a.rahman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2010, 08:57 AM
    What is the total stockholder's equity based on the following data?
    Common stock $900,000
    Excess of issue price over par $375,000
    Retained earnings (Deficit) ($50,000)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Managerial acct. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I took a quiz and got some answers on it wrong and don't know what the correct answers should be... I was wondering if someone could help. Thanks! Question 1: Stench food company uses a standard cost system to collect costs related to the production of its garlic flavored yogurt. The...

What's the diff between diaelectric test and insulation test [ 1 Answers ]

I am puzzled, What exactly is the difference between diaelectric test and insulation test. Some says it the same, but others says it's because one applied power to perform the test the latter don't. And some says both are using power but one is using AC power and the other using Dc power. There...

Questions regarding tax filing for 2005- OPT to H1B [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Tax Expert: I have some questions to clarify. Will that be possible to send private email. If so please provide me with the address. Thanks in advance Suk

Managerial acct. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm working on some practice problems and I'm not sure exactly how to do them... here's what I've come up w/, but I don't know if I'm on the right track: Problem 1: Paradise Company budgets on an annual basis for its fiscal year. The following beginning and ending inventory levels (in units)...

Managerial acct. [ 4 Answers ]

hi, I have two questions if someone wouldn't mind helping me with! Thanks Question 1: The contribution margin ratio is 30% for the Honeyville Company and the break-even point in sales is $150,000. If the company's target net operating income is $60,000, sales would have to be: Question 2:...

View more questions Search