Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    -no name- lol Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Bad at fashion?
    so when I make my outfits in the morning I think they look pretty cool, but my friends all think they look stupid. I need advise but the only person ill ask is my BFF and she just throws something on and she doesn't get made fun of, its because she's popular. I need advise so I can go to school looking like that preppy girl that I am! Help me! :eek: :confused:
    michellet218 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

Aug 3, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Well, you shouldn't care what other people think of you. But if you want to fit in, then I suggest you find another style to try and see if you get made fun of, and see how comfortable you are in it. Just don't copy your friends style, though. You don't want to be a copy cat. That's not cool. Or look at what other people in school are wearing and try a style similar to that. Just give yourself a little makeover and ask your friend to help you.
    think_pink Posts: 124, Reputation: 5

Sep 6, 2007, 05:21 PM
    I agree with michellet218
    You could also look at the fashion section in magazines
    tairyn123 Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Sep 6, 2007, 05:43 PM
    I am assuming you're in high school? Or at least middle school?

Ok-heres the thing. You need to wear what you like and what you feel comfortable in. you can express yourself through fashion and no one else can tell you how to do that. I know its hard being the age you are, but it really doesn't matter what your friends think. I didn't believe that in high school either. (I am 22) Eventually you realize it. The best thing you can do is find how to feel confident in yourself. If you are confident you will look good no matter what.

And also, its not bad to take fashion advice from your friends, but they shouldn't make fun of you, that's not real a friend. They should support and like you for who you are.

Just find what works for you, mix and match styles to create your own look.
    boomslang Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Sep 13, 2007, 04:45 AM
    If your friends say that your outfit is stupid without you asking them what they think about it first, then chances are your outfit IS cool and they're envious of your creativity. It sounds like a cliché, but the same thing happened to me at school and now I'm studying fashion design and getting really good marks! Now the people who said my style stunk at school ask me for fashion and style advice. I say, stick to your guns you probably look great.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fashion jewelry [ 3 Answers ]

Is vintage costume jewelry, like Napier back in style?

Fashion [ 4 Answers ]

I have a black tube top dress for my formal, everyone else has basically the same thing. How do I make mine look different?

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Old Fashion [ 8 Answers ]

Can you still find men who are into old fashion courtship?

Victorian fashion [ 1 Answers ]

Was victorian fashion over the period 1830 -1870 available to all classes? If not then which classes was it available to? And what did the other classes that it wasn't available to do for fashion and clothes?

View more questions Search