Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lookingforanANSWER Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 04:36 PM
    27 and out of control
    My son is 27 and for the past year has been out of control. For a period he was using cocaine and marijuana. We believe he has stopped the cocaine but not the pot smoking. He lost his job and collects unemployment. Sleeps during the day and goes out every night. He has been getting summons for everything from littering to speeding and careless driving averaging 2 tickets per week. He has not been paying his bills, fails to appear for court and is just out of control and just does not seem to care about life. He was a great kid and adult but we just don't understand what is going on in his head.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 22, 2007, 05:08 PM
    Does he live at home? If so, does he help in any way, like doing chores or paying something toward rent?
    babigirl1 Posts: 127, Reputation: 12

Jul 22, 2007, 09:03 PM
    Well dear. I know it is your son, but he is a grown man and if you try to stop him It will only push him even farther than he he went so far. If you are able to talk to him. Than If it was me I would set him down and gently talk to him about what is going on with him. He could just be going through some things that he doesn't feel he can handle and just doesn't care anymore. Support him and be there for him. Let him know he is loved no matter what.
    What if you know has been going on with him ? Does he talk to you ? If he doesn't let him know that he can. No matter what it is. I have a 18 year old son and we talk about everything. If you can get him to talk. That would be a great start in helping him in what ever it is that is going on with him. Hope I have helped

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

P1457 EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Control Canister System) [ 5 Answers ]

How much it cost to repair this on a 98 Honda Accord? P1457 EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Control Canister System)

Rat Control [ 18 Answers ]

I have lived in the same home for 27 yrs. Nothing has changed! There is just furniture in my basement, absolutely no food. The basement is "all of a sudden" infested with rats. I have set 6 traps... I have only one trap left. Now I must find the rats in the other traps. Yuk! Why... all of a...

Birth Control [ 5 Answers ]

:( I was at odds with this discission. My daughter has sever periods that she has missed School many times because of it,I spoke with my gyno and she recommend birth control For this problem. She assured me that a lot of girls now even as early as 11yrs old go no it Too. My concern was is it an...

Out of control [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for a strong appetite suppressant to control my hunger. Really need some help;currently on a diet, high protein and low carb, but finding it difficult to control my hunger-needless to say sneaking extra calories here and there... Lost someone I real loved a year ago and have gotten out...

Out of control 24 yr old. [ 4 Answers ]

I am a parent of a 24 yr old daughter who has been out of control since she was in 8th grade. We have tried everything possible to get her on the right track and nothing we do or say helps her. Within the last 4 years she has cost us about $10,000 or more. First of all she started dating a guy...

View more questions Search