Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redpool Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 10:36 AM
    Where to get a grant
    Can anybody help me, does anybody know where to go get a grant, I don't won't to apply on line. I would like to go there personnely and apply or call. Thank you redpool
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 22, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Get a grant for what? College? To start a small business? To do research?

Visit your local public library and talk with a REFERENCE librarian (not a clerk at the front desk). The librarian will show you the in-print grant and foundation directory, plus find books on how to search for the right grant and how to apply.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Sometimes your can find a grantwriter at your local college. One of my former English instructors did that for people. But you do need to know what kind of grant you want as there may be limited funds for your interest.

You say you do not want to apply for one online but there are some online resources you can check about grants and availability:
    Grant for Housing, Grant for Small Business, Grant for Education, Grant for Minorities
    Minnesota Council on Foundations - Writing a Successful Grant Proposal
    Grants and Grant Writing Links and Resources - Deborah L. Kluge

If you go to the libray look for these books:

Grant Application Writer's Handbook, Fourth Edition
    Liane Reif-Lehrer, PhD, Tech-Write Consultants - Erimon Associates
    ISBN 13: 9780763716424
    ISBN 10: 0763716421
    Price: $57.95 (Sugg. US List)
    Cover: Paperback
    Pages: 362
    Copyright: 2005

Webster's New World Grant Writing Handbook
    Sara D. Wason
    ISBN: 978-0-7645-5912-9
    Paperback
    336 pages
    September 2004

The grant process is lengthy and one I never cared for. But if you have the patience and time and can organize your thoughts well, you should have as good a chance as anyone. Good luck.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 22, 2007, 11:01 AM
    You will need to write a proposal. There are books (like shy mentioned) to tell you how to do this. There are thousands and thousands of companies, corporations, and government agencies that offer money as grants. I took a grant-writing class in grad school, and we apply for grant money for the library where I work. Applying for a grant is not a walk in the park. A formula has to followed to the letter if you want grant money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get a grant [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to start my own home health care business and I have been searching online, but I don't know where to begin, most websites want you to download or pay for there services and I don't have the cash. Can someone please help me on, how to apply for a grant.

Need a grant [ 2 Answers ]

Could anyone please let me know of any legitimate grants that could be located. I'm a single mom struggling now with rent, instead of owing my own home. Could use some grant money to help to survive and succeed again

Government grant [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about getting a free government grant?

View more questions Search