Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1951buckle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Living wills
    What is the advantage of a living will? And how does it work?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2007, 09:20 AM
    I have a Living Will, mostly to specify the Advanced Life Directives, so when something happens to me, no one will be in doubt as to my wishes. For example, I do not wish CPR or life support. I don't want the heroics. I also have added a Power of Attorney to that Will. I just don't want people that I love to make those decisions when I have already thought long and hard about my end of life. Both the Living Will and POA have been witnessed and notarized. My doctor has a copy of both.

You can find more information about a Living Will via the net:
    Advance health care directive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    US Living Will Registry - Health Care Proxy & Advance Directive - Home
    Living Wills & Healthcare Power of Attorney - Findlaw for the Public -

There are other links in the Google page:
    living will - Google Search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wills [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Recently my grandma passed away. She had a will and she appointed an executor to carry out her last wishes. Due to family conflict the executor has decided to step back and allow an attorney to carry out the will. Now I know that all of the bank accounts have beneficiary desingation however...

Wills [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a limit of time for a family member to request to view a deceased family member s Will? Who would a person contact to see the will?

Wills [ 2 Answers ]

I was just wondering what the California law is about the following. After my mother died my ex sister in law at the day of the funeral approached my father to sign things over to her, I believe he did? Then re recently got married and the lady talked my father into signing things over to her. As...

Trusts and wills [ 3 Answers ]

Who has the legal right to request to view a trust or will document?

View more questions Search