Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kjohnson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 07:56 AM
    Donate Use of Home for Charity
    I have a home that is currently vacant, and I was considering letting a charity manage the use of it for at least a year. Are there charities out there that will place people in need of housing into a home like mine?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 22, 2007, 08:35 AM
    There are often local ones, contact your local Ministrial alliance, Most cities have them,

** you do understand that normally your home will be basically a mess after they move out. Lower income rental ( and this includes those in need) . Which is basically where I rent my rentals outs. After each family moves out, holes in a few walls, most screens punched out, a few broken windows, Normally 1 out of 3 steal the frindge or the stove. I get a few holes in doors ( and a few doors missing)

And this is normal, if I get a really bad family it can be really worst.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2007, 09:50 AM
    I agree with FR. Chuck that there are agencies that will take a home as a donation and turn it into either housing for homeless or a shelter for abuse victims, or just rent it out. I know that Community Action does that here as well as the Ruth Meier's House (which shelters homeless). Some of the local non profit human service type agenices take homes too and then use them to house displaced or troubled children.

Many possibilties. Good luck with your plans.
    kamiller70 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 10:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kjohnson
    I have a home that is currently vacant, and I was considering letting a charity manage the use of it for at least a year. Are there charities out there that will place people in need of housing into a home like mine?
    Also there is about $500 worth of work at needs to be completed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant. Donate plasma? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it bad to donate plasma if you are pregnant?

Why should I donate Plasma? [ 2 Answers ]

What are the benefits of donating my plasma?

Charity name [ 4 Answers ]

Which charity can I write to get help with finance help for low paid family, need to buy furnitures and a holiday and help with getting central heating installed

Retail charity marketing [ 1 Answers ]

I'm interested to know if anyone has statistical facts on how retail marketing is affected by the affiliation of a charitable cause in that marketing. If a retailer gives some of their profit to a charity, do they sell more merchandise and it so, is it a lot more? Why?

Charity contribution [ 4 Answers ]

I have learn so much by reading post here. I gave charity contrybutin to my church every year. I would like to know how is it firgure(formula) How much is allowed each year. Does it affect how much I pay in taxes and what is the cutoff where it does not matter how much I gave. Thank,I...

View more questions Search