Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Taanyaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 06:55 AM
    Rule 296Request for findings of facts and conclusions of law
    Help! I am sick with worry! Recently I was a defendant in a civil suit in which the plaintiff claimed my dog killed some of his goats... long story short... the judge ruled in my favor. Now this guy (the plaintiff) has hired an attorney! And filed a Rule 296 Request for Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law. I thought once the judge made his ruling that was the end of it. Now I'm afraid this thing is going to go to court AGAIN and I'll have to hire an attorney. All of which is going to end up costing more than the original suit which was about $2300 (pretty high for some goats!). I feel this guy is just trying to bully me. What can I expect? What can I do to protect myself just shy of hiring an attorney! I'm a full time student at this time and I have not got the time or money to wrestle this thing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 22, 2007, 07:54 AM
    While I perfer my goats BBQ'ed, he can appeal the ruling done in small claims court, ( if that is what he is doing) but that may or may not be what he is doing. You will need to hire an attorney to look into it. Also remember to file for attorney fees, so if he loses again he has to pay your attorney also.

But this is very common to keep taking someone back to court until
    1. you will
    2. you costs the other party so much, they lose because they can't afford to fight it.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 04:45 AM
    Obtain the transcript o fthe first hearing, read the ruling the judge made.

File Notice of Intend to Defend, but this time request in you respond judgment against the plaintiff or all expense incurred in the matter. By doing this if they lose again they will have to pay your expense for their alleged claim.

File Motion to Dismiss, along with the Notice to Defend, matter already judged in Case # ______.

File a discovery with the attorney, to provide you will any and all documents, pictures, etc of the alleged attack.

The first one to leave the battlefield loses. Request and request any and all items you deem necessay for you defense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody facts [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a father living in Florida with my soon to be wife and her 2 children (11& 7). We have been together for 4 years. Our lives are very structured, stable, and the kids get mostly all A's in school. I have 2 girls (16 & 13) in Colorado with there mom, and my 13yr old (kerri) has told...

Facts about birds [ 3 Answers ]

Which bird flies the longest distance in migration from North America? What is the largest hummingbird? Thanks

Facts Veterinary Medicine? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm very interested in veterinary medicine, while I'm still in high school I know I have quite some time. Can someone please tell me the estimated normal annual salary of a vet? And the requirements, like bachelors degree in what? ANd what is the main major for a vet? Thanks!

Need some serious facts! [ 14 Answers ]

Ok important question. Case Scenario:Someone was just released from Federal prison back in July 2005 and is currently on Federal probation. During this past weekend, this person was driving home drunk-made it all the way to the neighborhood, but passed out behind the wheel and rolled into a...

View more questions Search