Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yoitzlisa Posts: 25, Reputation: 0

Jul 21, 2007, 10:48 PM
    Can true love be found younger than 16 years of age?
    Hi

I'm thirteen and I'm just wondering if I could fall in love at my age?

touji-za-nai Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

Jul 21, 2007, 10:51 PM
    I'm 16 and I'm not too sure I can.

So no
    WillL300 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2007, 10:51 PM
    It's very unlikely. You are still young and all your feelings are going to be changing. It may feel that you are in love but no one really knows what it is. But it doesn't mean you can't start dating soon
    huno Posts: 336, Reputation: 75

Jul 22, 2007, 12:02 AM
    No.

At your age, you don't yet understand what love is. What you feel when you really like someone is lust, puppy love, etc. It's just an attraction based on superficial qualities (what they look like, what you imagine them to be like, etc.). You're not emotionally or mentally mature enough to appreciate someone as deeply as someone older and more experienced can. There's not really an age where you suddenly become capable of understanding love, but at 13, I doubt you're ready.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't meet guys and date and whatever else... just know that whenever you say "Oh he's the love of my life," it's not actually true. In fact, if you ever catch yourself saying that, slap yourself once or twice.
    Shadow300 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2007, 08:36 AM
    Definitely keep dating, but love, well, it will catch you when you least expect it. Don't do anything you will regret, but it's just puppy love.
    Skrypt Posts: 156, Reputation: 25

Jul 22, 2007, 08:42 AM
    There is no age limit to love.
    However it's how mature you are to deal with love that makes it even possible.
    ... and of course the older you are the more likely it is that you are mature.
    ... so from that you could infer that there is an age limit to love.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2007, 09:43 AM
    At 16, I would doubt that you can find the true love at this time. You need to know that there are different levels to love - not all love is the kind that a lasting relationship is built upon. Some writers say there are eight levels and some say three but what matters is that love evolves and it is not likely to start at the highest level.

If you read through some of the following, perhaps you will gain some understanding into your own feelings and thoughts.

Loving U and 8 Levels of Love
    http://www.eldrbarry.net/marriage/clas/bm04.pdf
    Three different kinds of love
    Typical Kinds of Love Addicts
    BN61239 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2007, 06:29 PM
    If you know each other well enough and he is not a stranger to you, of course. There is no age limit to love, I can guarantee it.
    kholck Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 08:00 PM
    Well, I'm 15 and almost 16 and I've been in love with my boyfriend who is 17 for a little over a year. I believe that love is true when you least expect it and that you would do anything for that person. Love is a powerful thing and is beautiful. If you believe you've found love, then I am so happy for you because it is so wonderful.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2007, 08:03 PM
    Love is possible at 13, because anything is possible. The fact that it will actually happen, is unlikely. MOST 13 year olds are not mature enough to understand love and all that comes with it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 22, 2007, 08:07 PM
    One of library volunteers is 74. He told me he liked a girl classmate in second grade and told her, "I'm going to marry you someday." She said, "Ok." They lost touch after grade school but found each other again during college. Meanwhile, they had dated others. While he was in the Navy, they married and eventually had three kids and lots of grandchildren. I guess true love can happen when you've very young.
    isourchildrenlearning Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 01:37 PM
    Yes, true love can happen when you are young, though it is rare. But it CAN happen, and is not always puppy love.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 26, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Deffinetly... unlikely but of course. When you're younger (in most cases) you're not 100% on all the facts, but anything happen:)
    becca04 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Love is something you can't second guess and when you are in love you will definitely know. At your age you are probably not but anything can happen but don't do anything stupid because you are so young and many years to find out what love is.
    ss4gilpin Posts: 8, Reputation: -1

Jul 26, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Love is unpredictable some times people fall in love in young its not iregular so I say it is possible
    SAMANTHA97 Posts: 3, Reputation: -1

Jul 26, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yoitzlisa
    hi

I'm thirteen and I'm just wondering if I could fall in love at my age?

Hey I am 13 also and I have a boyfriend and we had sex early so I should scared but yes you can fall in love at that age
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 26, 2007, 07:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SAMANTHA97
    hey i am 13 also and i have a boyfriend and we had sex early so i should scared but yes you can fall in love at that age
    I think that because you yourself are 13, you are slightly bias to this question...
    lostinatrance Posts: 50, Reputation: 3

Jul 27, 2007, 08:06 AM
    It doesn't matter what age you are (well obviously at least be around 10), all that matters is your maturity.
    nikolaim247 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2007, 08:47 PM
    Comment on huno's post
    You are not in there shoes
    nikolaim247 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2007, 08:50 PM
    U got to follow your heart and not care what others think

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How could true love like this want a break [ 48 Answers ]

Well here goes. My girlfriend of 3 years has recently decided that she wants to take a break. She is 22 years old now and me 24 and we have been on and off with each other since she was 15 and I 17. We didn’t make the relationship a real thing until these last 3 years and it was good for a while. ...

Where does true love appear? [ 3 Answers ]

I have this girl as a friend... we've known each other for 5 years.. but I've never told her that I like her and want to go out with her... and then something just snaped in my head.. my called her and told her that we should go watch pirates of the Caribbean 3 next week. And she said sure... and...

In love with Younger Gay Man [ 3 Answers ]

In love with Younger Gay Man Okays I'm a bit confused & so upset at same time unkinown where to turn. I'm a straight woman who currently isn't getting alone with commonlaw husband at moment. Have falling out of love with current commonlaw who is 36 years old. I've been with him 20 years or so...

True love [ 6 Answers ]

Hello... I want to ask also about my true love in the future... and when?:( Thank you..

View more questions Search