Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmitch134 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2007, 09:32 PM
    Getting bonded
    Can a convicted felon be bonded in the state of Arizona
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Jul 22, 2007, 03:13 AM
    Could I ask bonded for what purpose? Let me pose you just some of the possibilities. The felon wants to become a notary, AZ law might require a Notary bond or the felon wants to become a plumber or electrician and Phoenix wants a license bond as a prerequiste to giving the contractor a license. Or the felon misplaced a bank CD, wants the bank to issue a 2nd CD but this time without having to pay another $25,000 cash to replace the first CD, or the felon's mother passed and the felon is the administrator of her estate and AX law might require the administrator to post a bond. And on and on.

Jul 22, 2007, 03:50 PM
    A company in Arizona is an answering service and they are required to bond their employees, the person was convicted of a class three felony theft
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Hello mitch:

A person CAN be bonded. That doesn't mean THIS person WILL be bonded. The way to find out is to apply. If one bonding company turns him down, that doesn't mean others will.

excon
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Jul 23, 2007, 03:31 AM
    I can't understand why the State of AZ is requiring a bond, and what for, dishonest acts ? Or some other reason. I think you mean that the answering service is requiring that employees be bonded. Schedule fidelity bonds are a thing of the past but I guess a few employers still buy schedule bonds where each employee completes an application and if the bond company wants / the answering service wants, each employee is checked out with either or both a credit ck and maybe a background ck. If I were the bonding company, I would have to charge for the background ck and most employers will not want to pay these fees. Therefore, I doubt that any kind of ck is run. They probably buy a "blanket" bond meaing that all employees are covered, boniding company doesn't even know who is employed. I think you are getting wrong info. Maybe even a "bluff" to scare off prospective employees with issues.

Jul 27, 2007, 06:36 AM
    I'm not really sure about the bond issue either. The company answers a great deal of calls from patients- they deal doctors offices and she explained it to me as their insurance company requires their employees to be bonded for the company's own safety. In case a mistake was made in a call from a suicidal patient etc. Thank You guys for your help I think I will just check with the bond company and apply can't hurt. Other wise I am over qualified for the job but it just is impossible it find a good job with a felony conviction even if you are a college graduate. Thanks again. LMitch
    jwbond Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 07:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBondMan
    I can't understand why the State of AZ is requiring a bond, and what for, dishonest acts ? Or some other reason. I think you mean that the answering service is requiring that employees be bonded. Schedule fidelity bonds are a thing of the past but I guess a few employers still buy schedule bonds where each employee completes an application and if the bond company wants / the answering service wants, each employee is checked out with either or both a credit ck and maybe a background ck. If I were the bonding company, I would have to charge for the background ck and most employers will not want to pay these fees. Therefore, I doubt that any kind of ck is run. They probably buy a "blanket" bond meaing that all employees are covered, boniding company doesnt even know who is employed. I think you are getting wrong info. Maybe even a "bluff" to scare off prospective employees with issues.

The term "bonded" is very vague. When talking about "getting bonded" one must clarify what the bond is for, as not all bonds work in the same manor or guarantee the same thing. You may want to review New Company: Getting Bonded. It reviews the different types of bonds that people are referring to when they talk about getting bonded.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2009, 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbond View Post
    The term "bonded" is very vague. When talking about "getting bonded" one must clarify what the bond is for, as not all bonds work in the same manor or guarantee the same thing. You may want to review New Company: Getting Bonded. It reviews the different types of bonds that people are referring to when they talk about getting bonded.

Here's an example... when I applied at a private school for special children I had to go see if I was bondable... they checked my criminal past for charges such as child abuse, sexual abuse, theft, etc... they did this because they have to be 100% sure that the person they are hiring are safe to be around children. And all my job was was a janitor. So there are different kinds of bonds.. now this may be different where you are from because I am canadian
    jwbond Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2009, 07:45 AM
    I don't write bonds in Canada, but from what I understand the Canadian bond market is similar to the on in the states (or at least more so than the U.K.).

The bond you are referring to is not a surety bond, but a fidelity bond. Also known as an employee dishonesty policy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get Bonded [ 5 Answers ]

How do I get bonded to start my own business

Being bonded [ 2 Answers ]

I worked at a credit union 3 years ago and the agency that bonded me for them said I was not able to be bonded by them anymore after bouncing some checks. That credit union closed and I left. Now I am applying for a job at a bank, will I be able to be bonded again? This is in New York state.

Do I need to be Bonded? [ 3 Answers ]

I’m starting a Dog Walking Service in my neighborhood. I currently walk 5 dogs daily 2 times a day for a few people on my block for free. I have been doing this for about 6 months. Do I need to get bonded in order to expand my service to my entire development and charge money? I do have keys to my...

How to become bonded? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys! THIS SITE IS GREAT!! What a time-saver!! I'm interested in starting a business that requires a service. I need to know how to become bonded?

How do I become bonded? [ 1 Answers ]

I am starting a new business. How do I go about getting bonded?

View more questions Search