Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sfs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Sizing Disconnects for 480v Temporary Service
    How do I pick the right disconnect for 480v temporary service at a construction jobsite?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2007, 04:39 AM
    What size service are you planning? Or will this disconnect set the service size? What size new building and will there be any office trailers?
    sfs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 07:28 AM
    Sorry about that question. I was too tired to remember that it's 115% of full load.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2007, 08:25 AM
    To size a service disconnect, it needs to be rated 125% of the continuous plus the non-continuous load.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wire sizing and conduit sizing [ 8 Answers ]

I am looking for confirmation on some of the info I have found and answers to a few missing pieces. This is regarding wire size and conduit size for service conductors from the meter to the breaker panel (about 30 ft away). Wire Size: 125A service needs #2 copper or 1/0 aluminum -- #6 copper...

Server disconnects [ 1 Answers ]

I am using iprimus broadband ADSL (Australia) and over the last 2 weeks I frequently get a message "cannot find server" and I have to redial. I am guessing it occurs when my mail programme (Outlook Express) auto checks for mail messages. Not a major problem.. but very annoying. Does anyone...

Changing from metered service on my shop to service from my house. [ 2 Answers ]

I’ve had the meter and 3 wire service cable removed from my shop. I’ve purchased 90 feet of 100 amp direct burial cable to run from the lower section of my home meter to my shop. Not being an electrician, I’m still trying to install this changeover. The direct burial cable has 4 wires. 2 larger...

Electrical Service Sizing [ 5 Answers ]

I have 2 electrical subpanels to install off my home's service. My home service is 800 Amps. These will be taken as 2 separate runs off my main service box. The first is for a barn which is 250 feet away and I want to put in a 100 Amp panel. The second will run to a well house which is 300...

480v Stepped Down To 120/208v [ 10 Answers ]

If I have a 600A 480v service and I step in down to 120/208, will I have an increase of available amperes at the lower voltage? Or will the amperage remain the same no matter how I change the voltage? Thanks

View more questions Search