Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    5683HUGGS Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Aug 11, 2007, 02:39 AM
    To Scottgem,
    On your quote. "Stand by your rights. Tell him you can't and won't acknowledge the debt until he produces verification". As of today, there is no court record that the attorney has filled the interrogatories sent to me. Do I need to file something with the court stating I received these interrogatories, and I can't respond because the plaintiff failed to validate the debt Do I ignore the interrogatories, until attorney shows proof of the validation?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 11, 2007, 07:05 AM
    Just bring the correspondence to your hearing.

Aug 11, 2007, 01:06 PM
    Thank you for your response, but I'm confused. Do I need to file something with the court stating I received these interrogatories, and I can't respond because the plaintiff failed to validate the debt Do I ignore the interrogatories, until attorney shows proof of the validation?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 11, 2007, 03:27 PM
    No, just bring the correspondence to the hearing.

This is small claims court, right? Its not a heavily formal court where you have to file briefs and discoveries, etc.

Aug 11, 2007, 05:57 PM
    It's Civil Superior Court. I live in California. We have mandatory mediation, arbitration or similar. The next thing on the court calendar is a CASE MANAGEMENT REVIEW schedules for 11/07/07.
    NadiaT Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Aug 24, 2007, 05:05 PM
    This topic is very interesting, I'm from CA too. With regards to that case. When you filed the "Answer-Contract" you should file a "interrogatories- general" statement attached with "request for admission" stating the documents you requested. I've consulted a paralegal regarding this. Sorry I signed with this site late and can't help you there. Hope it will help someone else. Sorry.

Sep 17, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Greeting dann,
    What has happened since your last post?

Nov 14, 2007, 11:30 PM
    Greeting dann,
    What has happened since your last post?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H-1B and W-2 Questions [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I was under H-1B for the whole of 2005, and I have completed 1040-EZ. I took the standard $8200 deduction ($5000 plus $3200), and it turns out that I owe about $900. My company handled all the papers and forms for the H-1B in late 2004, and I am just concerned, since I am assuming that it...

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

Several questions [ 1 Answers ]

What does cost of goods sold as a percentage of accounting mean? What does a company's dividends mean? How do we decide which company to loan money to based on their ratio? Based on a company's ratio how do we decide whether we should invest on them or not? How do we determine which...

Few questions [ 6 Answers ]

I live in NY and work as consultant in NJ. My employer (sponsorer) office is in NH. 1)Can I itemize deductions for commute expenses from my home in NY to work place (where I worked as consultant)? 2) My employer cut tax of NJ. Do I have to file NY tax return also? -Mukul

View more questions Search