Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unhappysv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2007, 05:47 PM
    My marriage is failing
    Im 23 and I've been married for 3 1/2 years my husband treats me like I don't exist he doesn't pay attention to me and he says things to try to lower myself esteem.We have one son and I don't want to be a single mother but I feel like I'm dying inside what do I do.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Stand up to him. As long as you are quiet about it, he will continue to do it. He is controlling you, and has you wrapped around his little finger. Let him know that he cannot do this! :)
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2007, 08:02 PM
    I have to agree with the above poster. It may behoove you to pack up yourself and your son and disappear for a while. Inform him that you'll return if and only when he cleans up his act. If he won't, then you call the best divorce lawyer you can find.
    life_is_a_song Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2007, 01:41 AM
    If I were you, I would perhaps occupy myself with something like more degrees to prop my career and simply leave him. If you do not love yourself enuf you will end up not only like a doormat but also soon in a depression. If he doesn't, then you ought to love yourself and be in a situation that is conducive to you. Doesn't matter if you have to be a single mother for some time. At least you won't be alone and run into the arms of the first man who comes along again. You will wait for someone mature enough and that distance is good for you. Don't worry about what is not there, but do wake up to what IS and change it- the sooner the better
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 24, 2007, 10:17 AM
    If you cannot talk to him, then finding a safe happy place to get your mind together, and decide what you want is the thing to do. If he is unwilling to change, then you must do what you have to to get away from his influence and control, and make your own life that gives you the happiness you deserve. Will he agree to marriage counseling? If not it could do you a world of good.
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Jul 24, 2007, 11:52 AM
    Never allow anyone to have such power over you. He does those things and says those things, because quite frankly, he can. If you do not allow it, he cannot keep doing it. No one can make you feel badly about yourself, if you don't let them. I would not respond at all when he is rude. In fact, do not let him see he has any effect on you at all. Start focusing on yourself, your gifts, talents, friends and things you enjoy. Put the energy into yourself. He has low self esteem and he is trying to bring you down with him. Do stand up to him by telling him you will not allow him to talk to you or treat you this way. Good luck!! Don't ever give up on yourself, or be weak. PEople like him will prey on that!!
    MrsZamaro Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 11:16 PM
    This has to be a tuff time for you... and I'm not sure exactly where you are on religion but my inlaws were this way for 15 years. My mother in law told me that fr the first 15 years my father in law, which by the way is a wonderful man now, went out for days weeks at a time, treated her terribly and so on. They have 3 kids so she stuck it out and you know what 5 years ago he went on a retreat with a friend of his who went to church. He changed that day and found Christ and honestly I envy their marriage. They are in there early 40's so change doesn't have to be far away... God can help. Start your walk first and make it strong don't let anyone get in the way... then see if your husband might try? Talk to a pastor? Get your husband to one mens meeting at church he'll make a friend and that friend will start pushing him to. I promise. It may seem out there but man I'm only 21 and a military wife and trust me if we weren't a Godly family we would have it ruff too. If you need more help ask and I will gladly give you practical ways to do this... it works! Good luck and God Bless!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationship Failing... [ 3 Answers ]

I've been with my girlfriend for nearly 3 years I'm 19, second year at university and living at home. She's 18, first year at university and living away. --- Since she went away to uni in September we can only manage to see each other every 5/6 weeks for a few days, and then 1/2 weeks...

24v Transformer keeps failing [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 35 year old lennox furnace that seems to have an issue with the transformer. I had a repair person out and he wanted to charge me $7000 to replace the whole thing, but I won't be in this house much longer and I don't want to replace everything. Well I sent him on his way and...

Relationship Failing on Boredom? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dating my girlfriend for a year and half now and it was going pretty good for awhile. There was a point when we were on shaky grounds but we got through all that. Lately it just seems like I am getting so bored being with her. She works late nights a restaurant and I have a day job....

Failing to Appear [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, I'm 16 years old and I live in canada,I ben charged with theft under 5000 , anyway I forgot to take my fingerprints at the station due to my grandpa's death. Am I going to be arrested and ever since I got caught the store said they will mail me a letter with the fine, how I have not received a...

Studor Vent Failing? [ 3 Answers ]

We have a Studor Terminal in an inside hallway closet in our home. Occasionally, when you walk by you can smell the sewer gases, the nice rotten egg smell of hydrogen sulfide. I thought these were a one way air vent system and prevented this sort of thing? Is it not functioning properly?...

View more questions Search