Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 9, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicespringgirl
    I am just curious, what if the previous employer lied, how can you find out?
    All you will be informed is that you are not hired, who knows why is that?
    What is ur previous employer is the jerk?

Just wondering...
    Obviously, if the prospective employer doesn't offer a reasons for not offeringthe job, then you might not know. But there may be ways to find out.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 08:49 AM
    And just curious...

Some people always say that they don't get hired because of their race! How do you know that?
    I don't believe there will be employers who are dumb enough to say this.

I don't want to say those people taking things personal, but if they are not doing this, they just know they are discrinimated? How can they sue the employer based on their "feelings"!

I never met a case like this, but there are some people complain about this, making me wonder...
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicespringgirl
    I am just curious, what if the previous employer lied, how can you find out?
    All you will be informed is that you are not hired, who knows why is that?
    What is ur previous employer is the jerk?

Just wondering...
    It's pretty dangerous on the part of the employer to do this. They could set themselves up for a lawsuit. If the prospective person called the employer to ask why they were not considered and told that the previous employer had given out bad information they could sue.

Sometimes the ex-employee lies. There was a previous employee who lied about his position at our company and I'm certain that he did not get jobs because when they could send notice to verify employment we always had to say that he was not X position he was something else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can anyone give me info on the airliners [ 3 Answers ]

I Need All The Help I Can Get On Airliners I Am From Pittsburgh Pa And Need Help To Find Radars And Communications From Air Traffic Controllers Please Help Me

Wouldn't give car insurance info [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter rear ended someone on the freeway, obviously her fault. Their car only suffered minor damage, they didn't want to give my daughter insurance info because of this, they asked her to pay the damages on the side. How do I know they have insurance, how do we trust what they are asking...

Do I have to give my info [ 1 Answers ]

I have requested an increase in child support and their father has obtained legal council. I can not afford council because he has not been paying the right amount since 2003. Long story short after we broke up and I filed he did everything in his power to evade paying. Quiting his job, getting...

What am I legally required to give to my husband from ss check [ 3 Answers ]

HI, I need to know how much if any back payment (from Social Security. I am on disability and for some reason did not apply for children's benfits until more than 4 years later) I am required to give my husband. We live in the same house but we are sepparated. I know that he will demand...

What can we do legally? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 22 years old and have been married for 3 years. My mom, who was always a control freak, literally went psycho when I got married. She took my family (dad, brothers, and sister) through hell making up stories of me being abused and manipulated and dragging my helpless younger siblings through...

View more questions Search