Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catrina Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2007, 03:20 PM
    Sales returns and allowances
    What is a debit to sales returns and allowances and a credit to accounts receivable?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2007, 05:20 PM
    When on credits AR, they are decreasing it…is that what you mean?

Debit to sales returns and allowances increases that total.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Netball allowances [ 2 Answers ]

I know the positions but I can't remember where all the players are allowed too go on the court, does anyone know? Sorry if I miassed the forum where this is meant too go.

High Pressure Sales with Private Sales Clubs [ 4 Answers ]

To Whom: Is it legal in the state of Rhode Island/Connecticut for a private sales club (Direct Buy) to force a prospective member to join immediately after a forced one hour sales pitch? Direct Buy instructs their prospective customers that if they don't apply for membership immediately they...

Allowances for Receivables [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know have clear view about Allowances for Receivables and why business's need to make it? Thanks

Can you file joint Federal returns and separate State Tax Returns [ 1 Answers ]

We lived in different cities so can we file joint federal returns and separate state returns??

Relationship of sales returns and accounts receivable. [ 1 Answers ]

The following question is on a take-home quiz. I am perplexed! Could someone help and explain why one of the following answers is correct? A debit to Sales Returns and Allowances and a credit to Accounts Receivable: 1 Reflects an increase in amount due from a customer. 2...

View more questions Search