Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lawanna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Felony Conviction
    How can I find a job as a felon. What type of work can I do? Can I go to college and if so what are my options;) ;)
    E3317 Posts: 103, Reputation: -5

Jul 21, 2007, 03:08 PM
    In most states you can go to college, but you will have to pay out of pocket. No financial aid or state grants. *** edited racial rant that had no place in the answer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 21, 2007, 03:29 PM
    You may go to college, but depending on what the conviction is it can matter. A DUI is different from a murder. A fraud may be different than selling drugs.

Next there can still be some financial aid, work with your college aid department.

Some jobs, such as real estate agent, or insurance agent may be restricted in some states, I would check with the licensing departments of the state you wish to work for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony conviction and travel visa [ 6 Answers ]

I was convicted of "transporting with intent to distrubute marijuana (450 lbs)" and served 8 and 1/2 years. I have another 3 years of supervised federal release. After my commitment is served, will I have any restrictions when applying for a visa to travel outside of the country? Are there...

Can my wife still own a gun with my felony conviction [ 7 Answers ]

I will be sentenced soon to a felony wire fraud conviction. I own several firearms and had a concelaed weapons permit. Obvoiusly all that is now gone forever, but can my wife still own a gun and keep in same household? I have read conflicitng ideas on this and am trying to get the real details.

2nd DUI Felony Conviction, [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: Hi I am 25 year old female living in Long Island ny, I am currenty a student taking on a dual major, working full time. I just took on a summer internship and I am attending an outpatient drug program to which I am compliant and don't have any problems with. I am going to...

Felony conviction [ 1 Answers ]

How to get a felony conviction explunged from your record?

Felony conviction hurting professional career [ 5 Answers ]

I have a felony drug conviction on my record from 8 years ago, for which I did 3 years in state prison. Since getting out, Ive completed 3 years of college and have a 3.9 gpa. I interned at a major insurance company (will remain nameless), after my internship they offered me a full time position. ...

View more questions Search