Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AFreece Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2007, 10:52 AM
    COBRA Eligibility
    If I decide to quit my existing job where I Have been for 8 months and have medical insurance can I elect COBRA continuation even though I have only been there 8 months?
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Jul 21, 2007, 04:17 PM
    I believe you can but keep in mind that COBRA, last time I checked, only gives you the right to coverage for 18 months AND at the rates they have established AND if you have any prexisting conditions, those will be coverered as well. But keep in mind that if you are a healthy person with no pre existing health issues, then you may be able to find a better rate / better coverages by shopping the market. COBRA is really useful to those with pre existing conditions that prevent them from finding coverage that will cover those conditions or someone in a risky occupation such as crop dusting, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 Ford Mustang Cobra [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Ford Mustang Cobra. I have put a new starter, Alt, battery, battery cables, safety neutral switch on clutch and clutch. It also has had a tune up! I am still having trouble starting it. It starts sometimes and doesn't start others. I have had it towed twice to mech and then it starts...

Cobra Insurance Coverage [ 2 Answers ]

I will be leaving my current employer in one week. I will be starting with my new company immediately. I will lose my health care benefits the day I quit my current employer, and will not pick up my new coverage for 1 month. My question is what are the rules on COBRA retroactive? For...

Medicaid eligibility [ 1 Answers ]

My husband just lost his job and I do not work, we are insured for one month before we lose coverage. How can I tell if we are eligible for medicaid? If he takes a new job that doesn't provide health insurance, how would we go about finding affordable insurance for our family if he makes a base of...

Catastrophic illness while on COBRA [ 1 Answers ]

I am in between jobs and elected to use COBRA from my prior job until I find another job with health insurance. Let's say I am diagnosed with a catastrophic illness such as cancer while on COBRA? The maximum length of time one can be on COBRA is 16 months. IF I found another job that has health...

L1 Eligibility & H1B [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I will graduate in May 2007 and I will start working in July 1, 2007. I've just gotten an offer which I expected to get H1B visa. However, the employer (A) preferred to file me for L1 visa. I wonder whether my profile is eligible for L1 visa. Here is my brief profile: I work for company A...

View more questions Search