Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheena..M Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2005, 11:10 PM
    I want to lose A LOT of weight
    Hello,
    My name is Sheena and in last two years I have gained about 90lbs,I swear I gain like 2lbs a week and my eating habits aren't that bad. I recently got a gym membership and have been going every day and I also ride my horse every day. I need some advise on what to get at the grocery store maybe a shopping list ! I want to lose what I have gained within the next 8 months before I get married I am currently 200 lbs and only 19 years old any advise would be appreciated. Thank you
    nica Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2005, 09:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sheena..M
    Hello,
    My name is Sheena and in last two years i have gained about 90lbs,I swear i gain like 2lbs a week and my eating habits arent that bad. I recently got a gym membership and have been going every day and I also ride my horse every day. I need some advise on what to get at the grocery store maybe a shopping list ! I want to lose what I have gained within the next 8 months before i get married i am currently 200 lbs and only 19 years old any advise would be appreciated. Thank you
    I believe you should consult an endocrinologist... maybe you got active tyroid that need to be given attention... tyroid problems affects how our body gain and loose weight... I have been 230 pound now I am 150... and go on a very strict diet and ask your doctor of what good diet suits you...
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2005, 06:25 AM
    Weight
    Hi,
    As another suggested, please talk with a doctor.
    If nothing is wrong with your bodily functions/system, then you need to buy a cheap calorie paperback book.
    Look at what you are eating during an average 24 hr period. To maintain weight, with no loss or gain, for the average person, is 2000 calories a day, within 24 hrs.
    If you are eating 3000 calories a day, then cut back, using your calorie book, and only eat what will add up to 2000 calories.
    When you say "my eating habits aren't that bad", they really could be. But you willl never know, unless you know how many calories you are putting away everyday! Hamburgers, french fries, fast foods, contain most calories taken in by the average person every day!
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    serialwife Posts: 117, Reputation: 16

Aug 7, 2005, 06:35 PM
    Hey I have lost 37 pounds on weight watchers since January. If you stick with is you can lose 2 pounds a week. In a year that is 104 pounds. It's a great program.
    Gelfey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2005, 09:51 PM
    Hello dear,

There are various solutions for quick weight loss and to lose weight in excess but always follow the right approach and right direction. As there are various diet pills are available in the market but but they are having their pros and cons.

So always consult with your doctor before taking any decision.
    Smerf Dude Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2005, 11:43 PM
    Hello
    Hi, my mother is trying to loose wait also. She's taking these pills called, "Slim Fast". They actually work, I never thought I would say this, but she's looking good
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2005, 07:33 AM
    Weight Watchers
    Hi,
    I, too, have some friends who are in Weight Watchers. It is a great program, and well worth the time.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    sheriy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2005, 10:23 PM
    Advice
    Quote Originally Posted by sheena..M
    I recently got a gym membership and have been going every day and I also ride my horse every day. I need some advise on what to get at the grocery store maybe a shopping list ! I want to lose what I have gained within the next 8 months before i get married i am currently 200 lbs and only 19 years old any advise would be appreciated. Thank you
    Hmmm you seem to suferring from slow metabolic rate, as your bodyis not able to burn enough calories and fat is accumulating like anything. But don be so worried, ve faith in yourself and try to involve yourself in some more physical exercises. And don lose hope as there are number of ways which are safe enough to use for losing weight, and do not ever jump to different types of weight loss programs like using diet pills then fad diets, then low carb recipies, just stick to one thing and wait for the results, i m sure u ll be benifited.
    michimichi Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2005, 07:52 AM
    Start calculating your daily calorie intake.

The rule is easy. If you eat less calorie than your body need you will lose weight naturally. There are people they convert every surplus into fat.
    You might belong to this type.
    tyhirah lyles Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2008, 08:41 AM

All you have to do is buy more veggies and fruit don't drink a lot of juice unless its real fruit juice don't drink a lot of soda... eat only 3 meals a day and if your still hungry between meals eat a little snac like buy little cheese sticks but only have three or eat an apple or some grapes just don't turn you snack into a meal.and workout to a week
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 02:22 AM
    This answer is NOT a joke!

It has been suggested by a medical dietician.

The answer is very simple.!

Try your very best to make your arms longer.

If you don't get it , here is the explanation.

You can definitely grow your arms longer, more weight YES, by pushing yourself away
    From the EATING table.
    You are sure to lose weight by perseverance.
    It works believe me.

Good luck.

Rolcam.
    Akeginu Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Dec 16, 2008, 11:34 AM

I suggest going to your doctor and getting a check up. If all is well I think you should start on weigh watchers. It's just so easy, and it helps you start. It works. Once you've lost a few lbs and you are ready to tweak your diet on your own you can always stop it.

I suggest that you incorporate weight lifting into your routine. Building muscle helps burn fat; It keeps your skin from being lose when you lose the weight. It burns more fat than you would doing cardio. I think you should try doing HIIT for cardio, when you are ready.. (High intensity Interval Training) It usually lasts about 20 minutes, but it's a hell of a work out. It should be done every other day.

Drink A lot of water!
    Don't keep your work out the same. Keep changing it up just so your body doesn't get used to it.
    Cooledit Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2008, 11:11 AM
    Hi, there

Here is what works for me a fruit/fish diet, you can basically eat as much fruit a day as you like see to avoid the starchy fruits (Banana, avocado, tomatoes).

Here is my diet as I try to tend to and also some sport. Increased my sport from 0 to 4 hours a week at the current stage (Running, biking). Biking is unfortunately out at the moment as the weather is not up for it. So as soon as we hit February biking will be back in the program and hopefully I'll be able to get back to my 500-600km per month.
    500km / 26km/h = 19hours * 1100cal = 21153Cal, or maybe more.

Breakfast:
    Either some low fat biscuits with some cheese low fat milk total up to 300 Cal.. Or it could be some left overs Chicken, a fresh fish. Fish is very good in the morning you'll get used to it.

Lunch:
    Fruits (Clementine's by the way one of my favorite fruits) you can eat as many of those as you like each has something like 42cal, Banana's but rare for me they have more calories and is a starchy fruit. Apples I like those again 42cal each. Sometimes pears also 42 cal. Sometimes Mango after work as a dessert.

dinner:
    some nice stuff the wife has cooked Fish (Salmon as it is rich in Omega 3 love smoked the most also the one with more Omega 3 than when fried (nice with some lemon squeezed over it) lots of spice's.

So basically this is my day, snacking in between is made up of fruits.
    If you try this out you'll start to feel the boost of the natural sugar from those fruits set in and if combined with some workouts you'll get in great shape.

anyway started workout 8august 2008 start weight 108kg current weight 88kg.

Have a happy New Year.
    Cooledit Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2008, 11:15 AM

As and add on you will need to get to a Calorie burn monthly to about 40.000 = 5.71kg weight loss so it's about 40 hours of workout per month. Last when I was down the weight loss road was back in 1995 I was 25 years old and lost 18kg in 4 month by bike workout's.
    jean_hazel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 08:27 PM

What about diet pills? Any one tried? I'm taking ballerina they say its not good.. but effective
    wakeymel Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 07:04 AM
    Hi trying calorie control diet.I am doing slim fast then 600calories in evening I have lost a stone in a fortnight.I don't have takeaways anymore.this is the yr I am going to get slim and I go on wii fit.good luck
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2009, 01:09 PM

wakeymel,

I wish you the best of luck on your determination.
    Do not forget to make your arms longer too!

Rolcam.
    smsisson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2011, 08:09 PM
    [*]the best way to loose weight is eating every two hours to get your matabilism up... eat 2 oz of protein every two hrs... wheath only chicken, ground turkey salmon or tuna in can makr sure water is in it or 2 egg whites... also breakfest you want to 2 0z protein and 1/2 cup carbs snack 2oz protein 1/2 cup friut lunch 2 oz protein 1 cup vegys 1/2 cup carbs snack same as first snak dinner 2 oz protein 2 cups vegys 1/2 cup fruit.. [*]make sure you eat all fresh fruits vegys if you eat anything canned or box its bad for you.. same with sugar and salt if you can stick to this you loose a lot of weight I lost 35 pouns in one month some day I lose almost an average of 2 pounds a day at first it takes all water watight off us big girls we have 25 to 50 pounds water weight on us... 80% is what you eat and 10% is genetics and only 10% is excersice so don't kill yourself at the gym this deit cleanses your body and flushes all the bad stuff out its very hard but works great use only water herbs and spices to cook things in
    smsisson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2011, 08:10 PM
    Ow for carbs eat rice corn potatoes or sweet potatoes or plain oatmeal
    nanuchini Posts: 39, Reputation: -6

Feb 7, 2012, 02:36 PM
    B12 shots and Phentermine pill only work . You will remove one pound per day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lose weight [ 6 Answers ]

I weigh 56 kilos, and I'm 5 feet 4 inches. I know I'm not fat, but I have quite a big tummy. I mean again its not fat, but my ideal weight would be 50 kilos. I don't exercise really, which I know I should. My question is what are the right foods to eat to lose weight on my tummy?

Need to lose weight [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 18 years old and I have been trying to loose weight for a very long time!! I am very active as in walking and always running around with the kids I work with! But I never seem to loose weight! Almost a year ago I gained a lot of weight after my house my burnt down and never seemed too loose...

How to lose weight [ 8 Answers ]

I am 37 years old. My height is 5 ft 3 inches and I weigh approx 213 lbs. How long will it take to reach my ideal weight if I don't go overboard with dieting ? Also please tell me what is my ideal weight. I don't like to exercise. Also please tell me how many calories I should have daily in order...

Lose weight [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there expert buddy I have problem with my weight, I am 182 lbs.. I have a difficult time waking up in the morning. I used to dance belly dancing, but I stop it.. My friends told me to try to go to GYM, I insist that when I go to GYM, there are tendency that I cannot maintain my routine...

Need some help to lose weight.. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I want some tips to lose weight so please give me efftive tips because I tried many of them doing.. I did many execersie and also started gym but no good result please help me...

View more questions Search