Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Steph0825 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2007, 03:09 PM
    Sweet Smell
    I just got an air conditioner for my apartment and I have noticed that there is a sweet smell coming from it. Is this a bad thing? What should I do?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2007, 03:16 PM
    Some one may have washed it and you smell the cleaner, if it is refrigerant you smell then the A/C will not be cooling, is it cooling? Mike
    Steph0825 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph0825
    I just got an air conditioner for my apartment and I have noticed that there is a sweet smell coming from it. Is this a bad thing? What should I do?
    It seems to be cooling. I opened the vents on it and the smell is not as strong. It is just odd. It is brand new and I didn't notice anything for afew days until now
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2007, 03:36 PM
    It will not be noticeable after a while , just that new car smell deal. Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strong soap/sweet smell in bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

Although I have read much information re: smelly sewer smells in bathrooms and how to correct, I haven't been able to figure out the source/solution for the very strong soapy/sweet detergent like smell in my master bedroom ensuite. My house is just two years old and we noticed this after living...

Do I have to stake sweet peas? [ 3 Answers ]

I've never grown sweet peas, but my kids love them so much, I'm going to try. I've got some started indoors and they are just wild looking. They've already got a tiny litle pods on them--but my question is: do I need to stake them when I put them in the ground outside? And if so, what is best to...

View more questions Search