Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronjoseph Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2007, 03:07 PM
    Paving stones vs asphalt driveway
    Looking for help comparing price, durability, permeability, etc of paving stones vs asphalt for resurfacing a driveway
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 20, 2007, 05:08 PM
    Anyone I know in my neighbourhood is having stones laid in their driveway instead of paving. It enhances their property and curb appeal.

I have noticed though some are using pored concrete that can be imprinted to look like cobblestone, etc.

I think the paving stones may be more durable then resurfacing, only if the ground work is done properly.

I have an old paved driveway which has seen better days and my next choice will having someone come in, remove the old asphalt resurface and have it finished with crushed brick.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oil on asphalt driveway [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to remove oil of a leaky car from my asphalt driveway?

Asphalt over a concrete driveway [ 2 Answers ]

We have a driveway that was installed when the home was built 1 1/2 years ago. The drive has numerous cracks, and pieces coming out. We have tried to get something done about it, but everyone wants to pass the buck. Can you asphalt over an existing concrete drive? Thanks!

Asphalt Driveway Resurfacing [ 2 Answers ]

Just bought a house and the driveway has some cracks and when the delivery trucks came they damaged the driveway (gouges and when it was hot one day the tire indented the asphalt). The repair guy said the asphalt is tennis court grade, not commercial grade, which is why it is so soft. He...

Asphalt Driveway Resurface Question [ 1 Answers ]

We had our very long driveway-1000ft long-resurfaced yesterday with 2 to3 inches of hot asphalt. We're getting conflicting info on how long to safely wait before driving our cars onto it, parking on it, allowing trucks such as garbage and gardener or oil delivery etc to drive onto it. It looks...

Asphalt Driveway Resurface [ 5 Answers ]

Our existing asphalt driveway is 21 years old and looks it. We were going to replace it with concrete, but with quotes coming in at around $5K to $6K, when I stopped crying I realized resurfacing the asphalt is the wise choice. The driveway is 25' long by 17' wide. It does have a puddling...

View more questions Search