Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lee217 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Yeast infection?
    OK, so I'm a 15 yr old girl, who has never had sex. And for the past couple days, I have noticed a discharge from my vagina. And it has been itchy and its really swollen. I didn't pay any attention to it, but now I'm not feeling well. With all I learned in school, the first thing that came to mind was a yeast infection. But I'm not totally sure. So I looked it up on the internet. The sight said that it can weaken the immune system. I know I need to go to the doctor to get it checked, but I don't know how to ask my mother about it. Also, at the moment we don't have our heath insurance anymore. So I need help in to finding ways to tell her. Because I'm not overly sure about what could happen if I don't get this checked.:(
    tarapaige Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2007, 12:59 PM
    It sounds like you probably do have a yeast infection. I'm sure your mother has experienced the same thing and, although talking about it may be awkward, just tell her you think you have a yeast infection. There are a few things that you can buy in stores that should be able to fix it for you, such as Monistat. So not having health insurance shouldn't be a problem. Hope this helps!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 20, 2007, 01:03 PM
    Yes, sweetie, it does indeed sound like a yeast infection. You don't have to be sexually active to get them. All of us women do at one time or another, so don't be ashamed. We can get them from taking antibiotics even.

Just tell her that you have a girly problem, she will understand.

There are medications that you can get at the store, such as Monistat that can help.
    lee217 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Yes, sweetie, it does indeed sound like a yeast infection. You don't have to be sexually active to get them. All of us women do at one time or another, so don't be ashamed. We can get them from taking antibiotics even.

Just tell her that you have a girly problem, she will understand.

There are medications that you can get at the store, such as Monistat that can help.
    Thanks, now that I think of it. Every night I have to take singular and I also have an inhaler. So those are considered to be antibiotics. At first I didn't understand how I could get one. But now I do. Thank you. Ill try to ask her about it today
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 20, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Hun, those are not antibiotics. Antibiotics are meds that we take when we get something like... Let's say pneumonia. Penicillin is a common antibiotic.

Singulair is a bronchodilator, they are 2 different meds entirely.

But, you can get them from wearing silky panties, pants that are too tight, just the heat in general can cause it in some women.

It is nothing to be ashamed of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yeast Infection [ 7 Answers ]

I've been having this problem for about six months now and I just don't know how to solve it. After my period I get a high fishy smell or just a smell at times. I've been to the doctor many times but each month its all back again. I can't afford to visit the doctor so regularly and I'm tired of...

Yeast Infection [ 7 Answers ]

Okay so I'm wondering when is it considered to be a really bad yeast infection... I have one, but I ahvent seen a doctor yet, I reallly want to go to the doctor, But I'm scared and nervous. I think I've told my mom, But I think she thinks that its not really a yeast infection. Im sick of the...

Yeast infection [ 2 Answers ]

My girl has an itching below on the vulva. She has no discharge, no odor, but she has some pains in her pelvics area. Is this a yeast infection, and if it's a std what are the usual time spans for symptoms

Yeast infection? [ 3 Answers ]

These were my other posts that will help me explain my new one. I have found a birth control that's doesn't make me feel sick and it has help my period so that it has finally stopped. I am getting a lot of discharge now which before I was told was overgrowth in yeast. This would be the third time...

View more questions Search