Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jay Lorenco Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Ceiling tile adhesive
    What type of adhesive should be used when installing 4" tile squares to the ceiling of a small, 32" x 32" shower stall. The substrate is cement board.

Thanks for the assist!

Jay Lorenco
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jul 20, 2007, 05:56 PM
    Thinset Mortar , You Can Also Add Calcium To Help It Stick Better, Or An Old Trick Is To Use Bakeing Soda To The Mix, What This Does Is Pull The Moisture Out Of The Mix More quick, What This Does Is Spead Up The Dry Time, Less Tiles Fall On Your Head, Lol
    EMERIL LAGASSE Posts: 101, Reputation: 4

Jul 22, 2007, 04:14 PM
    Modified thin set from your local tile store
    get r done

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing black adhesive from floor before installing new vinyl tile [ 6 Answers ]

I have a bathroom (at the church I belong to) that has a hard type of vinyl tile in it. A toilet has overflowed 2 times in the past and flooded the floor. As a result, a lot of the tile has come loose. I have the replacement VINYL tile, but need to know how to continue. Under the tile is black...

How to tile (ceramic) a bathroom ceiling? [ 9 Answers ]

My basement bathroom ceiling is very low (7ft), especially over the shower/tub area. As a result, I am installing ceramic tile on the ceiling because of the moisture thing. I'm already using the same 12x12 ceramic tile on the floor and walls. This tile is recommended for floor or walls. I...

Adhesive? New ceramic tile install - one inch hex shape sheets [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I am putting in a brand new full bath where there had been just a half bath.. I am done the roughing in and the framing, cementboard, sheetrock, etc. - and I have a question about the tile installation. For the floor, I chose an older style of tile that is the white octagon/hexagon...

Stick-down tile adhesive removal [ 2 Answers ]

I have an apartment where I put down vinyl composition tiles (1/8" VCT). The tenant covered about 125 square feet of it with stick-down tile. It's a lot of work, but the stick-down tiles can be removed one-by-one with a heat gun. The problem is, how do I remove the adhesive that remains on the...

I am installing ceramic tile on the bathroom ceiling - without it droppong off. [ 2 Answers ]

1.) Do you apply the thinset to the tile first then put on the ceiling? 2.) What type of thinset do you recommend for ceiling application? 3.) What type of trowel do you recommend (U or V shaped)? How big? 4.) How much thinset do you apply to the tile or backerboard? 5.) How do you grout the...

View more questions Search