Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    basimdcs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2003, 03:00 PM
    How to connect a laptop with xp with a pc win98
    I have a laptop with winxp and another computer with win98 , I have no network card nor a usb cable , I would like to know how to connect them using a serial or parallel cable,
    Thanks in ahead ;)
    Basim
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2003, 09:58 AM
    how to connect a laptop with xp with a pc win9
    You can use Direct Cable Connection. You need to get a "File Transfer" or "Laplink" cable that will connect the serial or parallel ports. Look up Direct Cable Connection in Windows Help for specific instructions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect laptop to PC [ 9 Answers ]

I've been meaning to transfer the files from my laptop to PC for a while and today I've finally bought Ethernet crossover cable... But unfortunately I do not know where to go from here. They are both running XP with SP1. As I want to transfer files form laptop to PC, I understand laptop is going...

Connect 2 laptop with ethernet card [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, I have 2 laptop. Each of them has a Ethernet card (I use it to connect to ADSL router to access internet). Can I transfer a file from one lapto to the other through the ethernet card ? I have a cable but I do not how to configure the operation system (Both of them uses Windows XP SP2). ...

How using win98 with win2000 together [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.I already have win98 in my computer and I want to download windows 2000 beside win98 cause there is some software and hardware does not work with win98 any more , I want to keep win98 in my computer so please can anybody tell me how excately download windows 2000 with my previous downloaded win...

Win98 [ 20 Answers ]

Could any body tell me how to reload windows: while trying to load driver from operating disk I had a problem and lost all my files due to damage on disk, know have new disk, but when I switch on computer I automatically go on to page showing options such as safe mode, command prompt etc.I have...

How I can connect the laptop with cell phone.. [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir , please help me to established a connection with laptop using mobile.would you like to tell , how it can be handle... Thanks for help shah1419

View more questions Search