Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JimDoe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Internet Explorer Won't Connect
    Can anyone help with this one please?

I'm running XP SP2 home with IE6. Use Zone Alarm. Have a Safecom SWARMU 54108 Router (cable only, wireless switched off). All items have to ask permission before ZA will allow net access, apart from the essential windows components (e.g. it's set so I have to confirm access to the trusted zone and the internet).

I have trouble connecting with the Net using IE. There's no problem with the actual connection as Firefox and Opera both connect without any trouble, as do Thunderbird and various other Web apps. What's odd is that Green Browser and Avant Browsers, which use the IE engine, will also connect to the Net but Advanced Browser, Crazy Browser and Slim Browser, which also use the IE engine, wouldn't (although the latter ones are now uninstalled). I don't use IE normally but I do have some other web apps which use the IE engine, which also won't connect to the Net.

When starting IE all it does is fire up. Entering anything into the search bar and hitting enter gives no response at all, it doesn't even get as far as ZA asking to allow trusted zone/Net access for IE. The hour glass shows if the pointer is within the title or status bars, and it rotates, but nowhere else (i.e. not when it's within the main panel, tool or search bars). I've reinstalled Ie.inf and run the IE Fix patch but still get the problem. It almost seems as if IE can't connect to the LAN, but the settings are the same for IE, Avant and Green Browser.

Jul 26, 2007, 06:41 AM
    I've managed to solve this one. It was a missing msjava.dll.
    WillTrekkie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 08:32 AM

How or where do you put that back in? (msjava.dll, I mean)

Feb 8, 2009, 05:47 PM

Put it in Windows\system32 (assuming you're a dinosaur like me and still use XP. Don't ask me where it goes if you have Vista, probably the same place.

You can get a fresh version of msjava.dll from here: DLL-files.com - msjava.dll, free download.

You might also want to get this: IEFix Utility - Description as sometimes IE problems are due to required dll's not being registered.

Hope this helps. Let us know if it does.
    piekakerriki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 03:04 AM

Help!
    At home I have a windows XPhome inc service pack 2. I have excellent wireless connectiosns (100bps) and when I get connected I cannot access any web sites.various error messages such as : could not make an HTTP or HTTPS connection, Error 12007 the server name could not be resolved- any clues-mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Explorer will not connect [ 2 Answers ]

When I click on Internet explorer link I get a windows small box that reads: (Can not find file:///C:/ program %20 files/AOL %20 toolbar/welcom.html make sure the path or internet address is correct.) With the only option from there is to close only it then goes to the explorer screen without any...

My PC won't connect to the internet! [ 10 Answers ]

Hey!! Recently my partner has moved in and I have their PC it hs never had the internet on before so I took my ethernet out my laptop and run my blueyonder broadband cd in the PC. And pluged the wires in to the PC when instructed to when it came to connecting it the error message poped up...

Cannot connect to the internet [ 3 Answers ]

When trying to connect to the internet the following error is displayed "dns is unable to resolve ip address".How is this overcome?

View more questions Search