Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cuddle_Bug Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Hamster Squealed
    Help. I just got my hamster, like yesterday, but when I tried to hold her, she like squealed, she kind of scared me now every time I try to pick her up, I am nervous... HELP!! :eek:
    Cuddle_Bug Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Hold The Hamter More
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 20, 2007, 07:45 AM
    LOL, looks like you answered your own question.
    bacforever Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 05:29 AM
    Does she bite, can anyone else hold her?
    You only got her recently and these things take time - I wouldn't worry and would possibly recommend just to let her run over you more than physically holding her as I feel it establishes connections well in th beginning

Don't be scared, there's only so much a hamster can do to you and you to it
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2007, 05:41 AM
    If she's just a baby, you'll have to get her to trust you, at the moment you look like a huge scary predator, and she's calling for help. You need to reassure her by holding her securely and confidently, and you need to give her plenty of handling so that she realises that there's nothing to fear. She needs to explore you and suss you out at her own pace.
    teghancat Posts: 24, Reputation: -1

Mar 17, 2008, 05:34 PM
    My dwarf hamster squeals when I hold her too tight, try just holding out your hand to let her climb on herself
    JayDawg655 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 05:56 PM
    My hamster does that too, don't be afraid, just open the cage door and put your hand out flat. When your hamster walks onto your hand, just keep it there and pet her gently with your other hand. For the first few weeks your hamster is squealing your spos to keep your hand in the cage, so your hamster can get use to you in its home. And then take it out into a different place, so you don't over welm your new furry friend :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My hamster has died [ 6 Answers ]

My pet hamster died today, he was only 10 months old and seemed absolutely fine, happy and running about. I had not seen him for over a day so I checked his bed and he was there just curled up. I don't understand why he has gone, I don't think he had wet tail, can anyone help me, give me a possible...

Hamster concerns [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! Am an unfortunate new hamster owner here. My hamster died after 9 days under me :confused:, just about to take her to the vet today but it was too late. I don't know why but her eyes has been closed the past 2 days and just yesterday night, she was still active I presume as she was still...

Hamster Qs [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a friend, he says a lot of things... The other day he said a hamster could kill a rat by jumping on its back and biting its neck. This seems a bit silly to me, the largest animal I could find that they eat using Google was locusts. Does this actually happen or is he making things...

Chirping Hamster [ 5 Answers ]

My friend just got a hamster and when it is walking around it's cage, or is disturped it makes a kind of chirpy, squeek. It is pretty regular. I looked around on hamster sites and they all said hamsters were quiet and none mentioned this noise. I'm a bit confused. Can anyone tell me if it means it...

Is my hamster going to be okay? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay this might be kind of a dumb question but whatever. I have a hamster named Larry and I pay attention to it and everything but I put it in it's plastic ball thingy and I forgot it was in there and kind of left it in there too long and when I tried to take it out it was going all crazy and when...

View more questions Search